How much do you pay to have your ride detailed?

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed?
That's a fair price..The clay bar effort is much more time consuming than a buffer...I'd say your 8 hour estimate is accurate...Your arms will remind you of that later...

I figured his vehicle needs a clay bar. You get better end result with a clay bar because you are starting out with a good base for everything else to adhere to. When I detail I usually end up nice and sweaty. It is a good work out.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #22  
I'm another one who has never paid to have one "detailed". I did quit washing ours in the driveway, and instead pay Star Car Wash $5 for the exterior wash. I don't even get out of the vehicle as it goes through the car wash, and they hand dry it as it comes out. I vacuum the interior and wipe off the interior dust myself. I recently spilled a cup of coffee in the floor of the Ranger and I used our Hoover Steam Vac upholstery nozzle and it did a beautiful job.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #23  
I'm another one who has never paid to have one "detailed". I did quit washing ours in the driveway, and instead pay Star Car Wash $5 for the exterior wash. I don't even get out of the vehicle as it goes through the car wash, and they hand dry it as it comes out. I vacuum the interior and wipe off the interior dust myself. I recently spilled a cup of coffee in the floor of the Ranger and I used our Hoover Steam Vac upholstery nozzle and it did a beautiful job.

I use one of those also, but I pay $30 per month for unlimited premium wash.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #24  
I do my own truck & Mustang. But the wife usually does the Harleys. So I guess that I pay for that with my miserable life. :laughing:

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #25  
I detail my own vehicles.

1. Wash (Chemical Guys Citrus Wash)
2. Clay the paint
3. Buff with a polish (Chemical Guys GAP 161 Paintwork Cleaner) with a dual action buffer
4. Apply glaze (Chemical Guys EZ Crème Glaze)
5. Two coats of sealer (JetSeal 109)
6. Wax (Chemical Guys Lava Infusion wax), remove wax with dual-action buffer and micro-fiber covers
7. Buff with rotary buffer + wool cover
8. Final seal with Zaino Z7 + final wipe with Z8 40 minutes after the Z7 application.

That would be at least $500+ from a professional detailer. For my F350 dually, crew-cab that took about 12 hours. For the F150 Super Crew - about 9.5 hours.

The trucks sit outdoors 24/7. I wipe the trucks down after washing about once a week with Hybrid V7 High Gloss Spray. This keeps the vehicle in top condition for about 18 months before the process has to be repeated.

The interiors are relatively simple. I use the hand tool from a carpet wet extraction cleaner on the carpet and a steam cleaner on stubborn areas. When the carpet is dry, I spray it with Fabric Guard.

Leather gets cleaned with a leather cleaner and because the seats in the trucks are ventilated, I use a spray leather treatment. Plastics get cleaned with a water-based protectant Silk Shine, and some get treated with VRP dressing.

I won't go into the engine bay...let's just say my wife laughs at me when I start cleaning that part of the trucks...and they're cleaner than the interior of her car...

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #26  
double post.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed?
I detail my own vehicles.

1. Wash (Chemical Guys Citrus Wash)
2. Clay the paint
3. Buff with a polish (Chemical Guys GAP 161 Paintwork Cleaner) with a dual action buffer
4. Apply glaze (Chemical Guys EZ Crème Glaze)
5. Two coats of sealer (JetSeal 109)
6. Wax (Chemical Guys Lava Infusion wax), remove wax with dual-action buffer and micro-fiber covers
7. Buff with rotary buffer + wool cover
8. Final seal with Zaino Z7 + final wipe with Z8 40 minutes after the Z7 application.

That would be at least $500+ from a professional detailer. For my F350 dually, crew-cab that took about 12 hours. For the F150 Super Crew - about 9.5 hours.

The trucks sit outdoors 24/7. I wipe the trucks down after washing about once a week with Hybrid V7 High Gloss Spray. This keeps the vehicle in top condition for about 18 months before the process has to be repeated.

The interiors are relatively simple. I use the hand tool from a carpet wet extraction cleaner on the carpet and a steam cleaner on stubborn areas. When the carpet is dry, I spray it with Fabric Guard.

Leather gets cleaned with a leather cleaner and because the seats in the trucks are ventilated, I use a spray leather treatment. Plastics get cleaned with a water-based protectant Silk Shine, and some get treated with VRP dressing.

I won't go into the engine bay...let's just say my wife laughs at me when I start cleaning that part of the trucks...and they're cleaner than the interior of her car...

It sounds like you like the Chemical Guys products. The only Chemical Guys thing I have so far is their New Car car scent air freshener. I was disappointed in it. I guess I should have got the stripper scent.

I have been trying to get some of the Zaino borderless towels for months and they are out of stock. I am going to order some of the Fabric guard, I am glad you mentioned it. I really like the 303 aerospace.

I go through the same process you do I just use products. I actually did that whole process plus a swirl remover to the tractors. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/278369-cleaning-tractors.html

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #28  
Interesting thread...I have never paid to have any of my vehicles detailed and only rarely will I even use a coin op car wash because I have a power washer and prefer to do the washing at home. Cleaning the car and truck are something I enjoy but at my advanced age I am beginning to detest the yearly paste wax application.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #29  
Nice thread. Please keep it going.

You'll hurl when you hear what I do.

All my vehicles are always under shelter.

I cannot recall the last time I applied wax to any of them. It is usually dish detergent, a bucket, a brush, sponge and then ---- the pressure washer.

I do have some nice rides, I may have to look into modernizing my technique.

We do have a long gravel driveway. I slow to a crawl coming up it.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #30  
I cannot recall the last time I applied wax to any of them.

I know it's been at least 20 years since I applied and wax or polish. But at least our two vehicles are parked in an attached garage.