How much do you pay to have your ride detailed?

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #11  
That is something I have never paid for either. That is a great way to spend a Saturday (with beer) detailing one of the vehicles.

To me, it is a great way to really keep tabs on the entire vehicle. When you detail one from bumper to bumper you really get to know it!

By the time you hand wash, wax, vacuum, clean glass, tires / wheels, wheel wells, treat all black plastic, wipe down interior, etc...heck, I might spend all day Saturday and part of Sunday.

Ever notice how they seem to run better after all that work?:D

If I am buying a used vehicle I take it home and hand wash and hand dry it. You will find all the flaws.

Chris

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #12  
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you guys don't have gravel driveways or farms? I vacuum the car out once a year but its instantly dirty the next time you get into it so I definitely wouldn't pay someone to clean it. Same for kid climbing into car seat from moist gravel, sand and dirt everywhere.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #13  
The last time I detailed or even washed my truck was for prom, in 2003. :)

Several gals later, the truck and I both look rough.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #14  
I have a 95 Chevy that I took a hose to wash the inside after I bought it.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #15  
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you guys don't have gravel driveways or farms? I vacuum the car out once a year but its instantly dirty the next time you get into it so I definitely wouldn't pay someone to clean it. Same for kid climbing into car seat from moist gravel, sand and dirt everywhere.

I have 1500' of gravel and crud driveway...I still keep my fleet nice...I get moody when the trucks and cars are filthy...The more you clean them the quicker it gets....A full detail can't be rushed though---ergo the beer.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #16  
Ive got an old truck and still have it detailed once a year. It costs $90 and makes it feel like i just got a new one.

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed?
Thanks for all the replies. The reason I asked is I had a guy ask me what I would charge him to detail his Explorer. I told him $125. He said that is about what he was paying someone else but the guy live on a real dusty dirt road. By the time his vehicle hit the black top it was dirty again. He has 5 vehicles so he could keep me pretty busy. I am going to use all high quality products, not stuff from Walmart or a auto parts store.

I am going to wash it using the 2 bucket method with grit guards
Dry it with a Microfiber cloth cause chamois are bad
Clay bar it
Use a paint sealant or wax
Clean the wheel and tires
Vacuum the interior
Wash the interior
Use spray protectant on the dash and plastic/ vinyl
Clean the windows

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #18  
That sounds like a fair price for all the labor involved. How long you think it will take you to do it?

/ How much do you pay to have your ride detailed?
   / How much do you pay to have your ride detailed? #20  
Thanks for all the replies. The reason I asked is I had a guy ask me what I would charge him to detail his Explorer. I told him $125. He said that is about what he was paying someone else but the guy live on a real dusty dirt road. By the time his vehicle hit the black top it was dirty again. He has 5 vehicles so he could keep me pretty busy. I am going to use all high quality products, not stuff from Walmart or a auto parts store.

I am going to wash it using the 2 bucket method with grit guards
Dry it with a Microfiber cloth cause chamois are bad
Clay bar it
Use a paint sealant or wax
Clean the wheel and tires
Vacuum the interior
Wash the interior
Use spray protectant on the dash and plastic/ vinyl
Clean the windows

That's a fair price..The clay bar effort is much more time consuming than a buffer...I'd say your 8 hour estimate is accurate...Your arms will remind you of that later...

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
CALF CREEP FEEDER (A32908)
CALF CREEP FEEDER...
Frontier PM1001 Middle Buster (A33041)
Frontier PM1001...
SinSung Mfg. Co. Double Door Safe (A33349)
SinSung Mfg. Co...
John Deere B Grain Drill (A33041)
John Deere B Grain...
2024 EINGP PHT620 Hand Push Portable Electric Forklift (A32932)
2024 EINGP PHT620...