How much did you pay for your tooth bar?

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

We're working on putting together a deal for TBN members on tooth bars. Just wondering what you paid for yours, whether it was custom fit or universal, how many teeth, what size, etc.

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #2  
Muhammad,
I paid $370 (includes shipping) for my 48" universal fit Gearmore toothbar with 5 teeth. It has (4) 1/4" allen head bolts that hold it onto the flat of the inside bucket. My bucket is 50" inside width. I thought I was ordering a WR Long but this came instead and so far I'm happy with it and not having to drill holes into my bucket.
Gregster613

Edited 5:30pm 9-15-12, Sorry I meant to say (6) teeth not 5.

Last edited:
   / How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #3  
Muhammad I think I paid just a few bucks less than what
you see Iowa Farm Equipt charging for them HERE on EBAY
w/ Free Shipping. I think it was $275.00 w/ free shipping,
now $295.00 w/ Free Shipping. I would definately buy it
again from them so long as it were the same unit. TOUGH
it is.

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #4  
Bought mine 11 or 12 years ago for about $200. This one was 53" wide with 6 or 7 teeth.

Still got it, in fact...but it's been modified to 60.5" wide and 8 teeth.

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #5  
Muhammad I think I paid around $300 delivered for the 60" bar I had on my previous tractor. My current tractor does not have one. Best bet is to check eBay to get an idea on pricing. I know that is what I check before buying anything retail.

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #6  
I bought 7 teeth bolted them onto the front bucket. The teeth are the same as the ones on my backhoe. Paid $250 which I found to be cheaper than a bolt on tooth bar.

Attachments

• image-585393019.jpg
    image-585393019.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 280
  • image-2838624477.jpg
    image-2838624477.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 264
   / How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #7  
Muhammad I think I paid just a few bucks less than what
you see Iowa Farm Equipt charging for them HERE on EBAY
w/ Free Shipping. I think it was $275.00 w/ free shipping,
now $295.00 w/ Free Shipping. I would definately buy it
again from them so long as it were the same unit. TOUGH
it is.

I had the most horrible experience with the company you cited in regard to buying a tooth bar...

Where do I start...?

First of all their web site had conflicting data on the number of teeth for the same sized bar...one said 5 teeth the other said 6 teeth...same exact model #

So I called them and spoke with an agent and told them the exact inside measurement of my bucket...They advised me to buy the next (smaller) bar even though the one I mentioned was exactly as wide as the inside of my bucket...both were advertised as having 6 teeth regardless of what the web site said...I called back after deciding to take their advice and buy the slightly narrower bar...but emphatically I was guaranteed the one I ordered would have 6 teeth and would be the best fit...I even asked what I should do if it arrived and only had 5 teeth...they said "it will have 6 teeth"...I even spoke with a superior agent that also guaranteed the bar I ordered would have 6 teeth...

When it arrived...not only was it almost one inch narrower than the inside of my bucket (the one I had originally wanted to buy fit perfectly after purchasing from a different vendor) ...it only had 5 teeth...yet the label on the shipping box said 6 teeth....needless to say I was irate after having spoken to two different agents with the cited co. that both guaranteed the bar I ordered was what I wanted (6 teeth and fit the bucket) before I placed the order...the situation went down hill from there and to this day it is by far the worst experience I have ever had buying something regardless of the circumstances...They ignored inquiries from the BBB after I submitted a complaint....I was also threatened If I publicly said anything negative about their company...At any rate Not only would I never even consider buying anything from this company again I will be happy to relate more information (including the names of both the agents that lied to me)... send me a PM and I will tell you more about how horrible the experience with this company was for me...

And btw....I am still not through with them... all I have to do is think about the horrible experience I had with them and I still get hot under the collar over the experience...and they will get their deserved comeuppance...!

FWIW...the bar itself (both the one I sold) and the better fitting model I got from another vendor is of very good quality and even though it was not labeled that way it was made by 'Woods'

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #8  
^ Slash.....don't feel like the lone-ranger. We all get hooked every now and again.

I had a very similar issue with Gator - on both a tooth bar and a grapple. The personnel simply don't know what they are talking about....yet are adamant they have the facts straight. One can almost feel the bad deal as it develops by the cocky attitude(s) of the person on the other end of the phone. I will NOT buy any more equipment from that part of the US.

I believe I paid $275 for a Gator Tooth bar that was promised to have one more tooth.

I also got a "good deal" on a grapple that had the wrong style couplers and an improper JD QA mount which ended up to cost me several hundred to repair. What's wrong with this picture?

/ How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #9  
Bought mine about 6 years ago from Markham Welding. Now I think they might be "Gator". Paid about $330 delievered 64 1/2" long--- 7 teeth . To fit my Bota L3400 DT.

Boone

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 156
   / How much did you pay for your tooth bar? #10  
Wow, Good timing! I just bought a loader 4 days ago and thought a tooth bar would come in handy someday. I'll be watching for this deal. Thanks Muhammad