How many stumps would you need to do to make the stump grinder worth it?

/ How many stumps would you need to do to make the stump grinder worth it? #11  
My stump grinder (baumalight 1P24) is my second favorite attachment after the grapple used to move the trees out of the darn way. I've ground up probably 100-125 stumps in the last 2 years without an issue at all. cut the tree down low so you aren't wasting time grinding more than you have to. I generally cut the base as flush as I can with the saw and then only grind down 3-4 below grade. 24" stump will prob take 20 minutes once you get the hang of things.

However, if you're taking out 60 stumps of that size, I'd be way more tempted to purchase the 3P24 style. Can cover more ground in a much faster time. The back and forth does get extremely annoying & tiring after a few hours. Makes me want to install a cheap backup camera so I can sit normal. However, at twice the price for the 3P24, it wasn't a feasible option for myself.

Just know, if you do get a grinder, expect the neighbors and family members to request trees to removed.

/ How many stumps would you need to do to make the stump grinder worth it? #12  
I’d say 60 stumps would be enough to buy a grinder. Digging 60 stumps that big will take no slouch of a trackhoe. 10 ton at least preferably bigger. But then you’ve got 60 holes to fill up and 60 stumps to do something with. I don’t recommend that approach. That is if the end goal is grass. If you’re building something you pretty much have to dig them.

/ How many stumps would you need to do to make the stump grinder worth it? #13  
My dad bought a Land Pride stump grinder and it is amazing how fast it is. Works off the pto and rear remotes. Wasn't cheap though, I think about 5 grand.

/ How many stumps would you need to do to make the stump grinder worth it? #14  
60? Not even a question, buy it, you'll be well ahead. Heck, buy spare teeth too, you may need to replace them before you get through all 60 stumps.

/ How many stumps would you need to do to make the stump grinder worth it? #15  
After my property was selectively logged in 2006 I had around 225 stumps. Most have rotted away and crumbled to pieces now. I never thought about grinding the stumps. They are out on the property and at least 100 yards from the house and out buildings.

It would have been far cheaper for me to purchase a grinder. I've never seen a rental grinder in this area. The closest "grinder for hire company" would be in Spokane - if there was one. I can only guess at the cost of travel, setup & operate for such a project. The coyotes & badgers have assisted in the deterioration of all these stumps. They have dug around most all of them -looking for something? Maybe pocket gophers or mice.