How many of your friends do NOT have tractors?

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #11  
I've 1 tractor over 2,500 lbs (M4700) at my Mississippi residence and only a couple of "friends" out of maybe a dozen people have tractors.
I've 1 tractor (B7610) at my Virginia residence (on 1/4 acre) that meets the weight if I include the backhoe. There no one has a tractor, unless you include a riding lawnmower. And they are few and far between.
I've been going to move the B7610 to Mississippi for going on 10 years now, but my son keeps borrowing it for his half acre lot.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #12  
On our 1 mile rural block I can count about 20-25 tractors at 40hp or so. Woodlots, long driveways, large animals, farm yards would account for most of the use. Some have 3 or 4, most just 1.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #13  
We don't but have this machine instead. Could use a compact tractor at times.....
P1130498.jpg

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #15  
That's why I have friends on TBN no one on here needs to borrow my stuff 😊

LOL. True.

Nobody else in our neighborhood has a tractor. And I do not loan my little Kioti to anybody except daughters/sons-in-law and one of them got a 40-hp Kioti this year. If somebody needs to borrow it they get the tractor and me as the operator.

Somebody in every neighborhood needs a small tractor to save everybody else's back. During the past month or six weeks I have used the FEL to pull clothes line poles out or the ground (bigger job than expected, set in concrete) and moved them to another house, mow weeds and brush that was growing into the road and hitting cars, move small tree that had fell across the road, move heavy metal frame around somebody's yard, knocked/dug stump out of ground and tilled and smoothed hole it came from.

In other words I had FUN playing on my little tractor.

People don't understand that this is fun for me and I love doing the small jobs. Also get to talk to people that I normally would not get a chance to talk to. I'm retired, so why not help somebody else. All it costs is a half gallon of diesel or less. Most know me as the old weirdo with the tractor.

RSKY

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #16  
I was thinking about this while having a conversation with my insurance agent today, when she asked if I would be using my sawmill off premises. I said that the only time that would happen is if I was doing something for a friend... then realized there are very few people I know who don't own or have direct access to some type of tractor, 2500 lbs or bigger.
All but 2 do not have tractors.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #17  
I live in a slowly dying farm community. All my neighbors with farms each have several tractors. Sadly, many farms are being subdivided into 1 and 2 acre lots. Buyers are mostly city folk who don't want, need or even know about tractors.

The answer to your question changes yearly around here.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #18  
Friends? None have tractors.

People I know that are not neighbors? None have tractors.

Neighbors? A few have tractors and the ones that don't should if only for snow management. I have one neighbor that has to have big equipment come in to clear his driveway at least once a year, I guess he has money to burn. He does not ask anyone for help. Although, I have another neighbor that has a perfectly good tractor with an FEL that also called in big equipment one year instead of just getting out there and moving it himself. Last year I had to help another neighbor get his wife unstuck in from their driveway, another one with a tractor that he hardly uses, no idea why he didn't. Most of my neighbors have moved out here from more urban areas and it shows.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #19  
My area is too urban, overall. So my friends have push-mowers and all get kinda wide-eyed when the come over and see me doing real work with my equipment. My immediate neighbors in our little rural pocket have CUTs, though. Got to, when there's acreage to manage.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #20  
I would say most of my friends don't have tractors. Once people find out you have a tractor, sawmill, truck, etc., you gain LOTS of new friends somehow.
Same could be said for having a truck. When I was young, single, and lived near a city I was the go-to guy when someone was moving, or needed to move something that wouldn't fit in a car.
Friends? None have tractors.

People I know that are not neighbors? None have tractors.

Neighbors? A few have tractors and the ones that don't should if only for snow management. I
On my road I'd say 80% of my neighbors have at least one. Friends who don't live in the area? I don't think any of them do, most don't have enough property to have any need for one. Depends where you live, not sure I'd want to be without one here.