How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler?

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler? #1  
Tractor
T5D
My engine is a 2004 and I have 1950 hours on T5C. It's Still running strong. Doesn't use oil. I change it every 50 hours. What is the life expectancy of the Kohler?
If yours blew up, what happened?

/

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler? #2  
I have owned 4 or 5 welders with Kohlers and they were all well maintained, I usually sold them at around 2000 hours because they would be starting to rattle a bit and would usually be weeping some oil by then. I have seen some machines for sale with 3000+ hours but they looked pretty beat.

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler? #3  
I have a Bolens with a 20hp Kohler, it has a little under 500 hrs on it and has been treated very good...

It runs good but it does burn oil, so I have to watch the oil level pretty close.

SR

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler? #4  
Mine had 900 hours when it burnt. The root cause was poor design. The direct cause was a fuel line coming loose and poring gas on the muffler. Mine didn’t burn oil and still started good.

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler? #5  
I have a 1996 Exmark Lazer Z 60" with a 25hp kohler horizontal engine. It has 3750 hours on it. Uses a little oil after cutting 12 acres. But still runs great the only thing I have had to replaced were coils once.

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler? #6  
I have a 2000 T5D model with a 20hp kohler with 1800 hours on it. Still running very good. I ask my local lawn care shop that sells kohler engines what kind of service life that the 20hp has and they told me that it should last at least 3000-3500 hours with proper maintenance before it needs a rebuild. Keep fresh oil and filters in it, along with a good set of spark plugs and it will last a long time.

/ How many hours do you have on your 20 hp kohler?
Thanks for your reply. Nice to know. I was worried I'd be buying a new engine soon. I saw a guy with a kohler on a mower. His died because grass choked the cooling fins and valve seat dropped out.