How Many Have More Than One Tractor?

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #31  
I'm spread out between 2 states. Multiple machines make sense versus hauling all the time.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #32  
I have one no need for another one. I believe that I have all
the attachments that I will ever need unless I get a finish mower

willy

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #33  
You have some neat stuff there!
Thank you. The brush hog is 7 feet wide, weighs around 1800 pounds. Usable on either machine:

P7210010.JPG

P7210004.JPG

What kind of business are you in with your equipment?
Retired. Got it when we lived on 80 acres with several horses, now down to 33 acres with one horse.

Last edited:
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #35  
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #36  
I hear ya!

Yeah, sometimes I keep one tractor hooked up with a cutter, and another with bale spears just to use them that way and keep from hooking up again.

I DO have a tracked skid steer, and it's unbelievably useful around here. (y)

If I have both of my tractors engaged elsewhere, I even use it to move or put out round bales.

This is the one I want. I could put 500 hours a year on something like this. JCB. Love the side entry and the tele-boom.

1700176611917.jpeg

1700176728157.jpeg

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor?
This is the one I want. I could put 500 hours a year on something like this. JCB. Love the side entry and the tele-boom.

View attachment 832464

View attachment 832465
I've looked at those, and see where you'd really put one to good use in the hay business!

I've got a tifton85 field now that yields really well, but until I get some more dedicated hay fields leased or established, I just make do with round balers.

Mostly what I use my CTL for is clearing brush down here, but have moved hay with it.

The hay guys are in high cotton here this year. Horse quality coastal and tifton is upwards of $150 a bale now. :oops:

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #39  
I have my own SA425 and access to the MF 1750M Cab that is owned by the LLC that my wife & her sister own (the farm). I'm the only one that uses the MF for the most part. Her sister and husband live two hours away. My MIL is 77 and has no desire to learn a tractor. My wife runs my small tractor and loves it.

She also inherited her dads JD 3010 that only gets started and ran occasionally to keep it runnning ok. It runs like a top.

In the next couple years I plan to add another 50hp open station tractor that will be my own bush hogging tractor for when I semi-retire. It will most likely be the Yanmar with the i-HMT transmission. I won't be trading or selling my 425 though, that's a keeper.

Last edited:
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #40  
You counting lawn tractors? I got 4 regular tractors and a couple lawn tractors plus the ZT.