How many acres do you own?

/ How many acres do you own? #161  
It's a shame that yellowstone is going to go boom some
day and it will clobber a 300 mile radius. Lots of animals
have left the area and the vegetation is dieing not good.

willy

/ How many acres do you own? #162  
It's a shame that yellowstone is going to go boom some
day and it will clobber a 300 mile radius. Lots of animals
have left the area and the vegetation is dieing not good.

willy

if Yellowstone goes boom the whole north America is going to be out of life… the last eruption was 6 cubic miles of ash and lava

/ How many acres do you own? #163  
There are more cows in Wyoming than people. We only have 500K residents, so that means there is a lot of land.

The ranch use to be much larger, over a million acres. It's hard to mange that much land. Hell, I struggle with what I have. I'm not a rancher. I manage risk for the BCBS association. That is what pays the bills for the ranch. My neighbor is who runs his cattle on the land. I charge him what my taxes are. Good for him and good for me. He has to mange all the rangeland and meadows. He also has to make sure the fence is in good shape.

This ranch was always in the family. I was the only one that could afford to pay the inheritance tax, so it went to my sister and I.

Have you read the Joe Pickett novels?

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / How many acres do you own? #165  
Have you read the Joe Pickett novels?
I have not.

My current reading is an actuarial report on the mechanics of level funding in small and medium sized groups. Then I have to figure out how to develop a model that rates groups correctly so all Blue plans can rate consistently.

I guess someone has to do it.

/ How many acres do you own? #166  
I have not.

My current reading is an actuarial report on the mechanics of level funding in small and medium sized groups. Then I have to figure out how to develop a model that rates groups correctly so all Blue plans can rate consistently.

I guess someone has to do it.

Ha!

My sister is an actuary. I was an accountant.

The old joke was how can you tell the difference between an actuary and an accountant?

An accountant looks at your shoes when talking. An actuary looks at their own shoes when talking!

/ How many acres do you own? #167  
Ha!

The old joke was how can you tell the difference between an actuary and an accountant?

An accountant looks at your shoes when talking. An actuary looks at their own shoes when talking!
I guess one need to be a actuary or a accountant to get it...

/ How many acres do you own? #168  
Ha!

I am an acuturay and I do get it. I never fit the mold of an actuary, I kind of fell into this. Probably why they quickly promoted the one actuary that could hold a conversation and was not an introvert.

I have a lot of actuaries under me that can barely spell their own name, but can do amazing things with code and excel. In fact, one of my girl actuaries has a needle point picture, that she did all the needle work on, that reads..."a lady in the streets, but a freak in the sheets". I laugh every time I go into her office because it's so true.

One weird truism with Actuaries...they can't spell to save their life. Me included. I have never passed a spelling test in my life. We had to hire a spelling and grammar expert to review all the work for spelling errors. She stays pretty busy.

/ How many acres do you own? #169  
Had 6.5 acres 4 now, as we sold 2.5 acres 2 years ago to good friends to build a house. This was part of our retirement plan and wanted to pick our neighbors. It has worked out well.

/ How many acres do you own? #170  
Just shy of 7 acres. About 3/4 -1 acre for house, garage, driveway and yard. The rest is trees.