How many acres do you own?

/ How many acres do you own? #61  
45+ acres, 3 is lawn, garden and driveway, the remainder is 1/3 hay, 1/3 grazing land/pasture, 1/3 wooded. It's not enough, I can still hear the neighbor's music 1000' feet away on their party nights, (every Friday, Sat, Sun). Fortunately the other 3 neighbors are good.

/ How many acres do you own? #62  
Which is why I posted what I did. But think about it for a second. You ask a farmer how much land he owns, what are you really asking? Your asking how rich he is. It is essentially the same thing. Now, I walk up to you in a first time meet and you tell me you are a CEO of a company and I ask you how much money you make. That is a pretty inappropriate thing to ask. But you meet a farmer for the first time and ask him how much land he owns and that is socially acceptable, except to some farmers.

Most of the people who have weighed in on this thread have posted they own less than 100 acres. Not really a measure of how wealthy you are at all. But someone who posts that they own 2,000 acres, now that is a different picture of that person's wealth isn't it?
OK, we get it. You're touchy about it, why I'm not sure. Midwest cultural thing maybe? And to say "farmers this" or "farmers that" seems to imply that everyone thinks the same way. Don't know a lot of farmers but I'd go out on a limb and say they're as much individuals as anyone else.
Amount of acreage one owns is only a vague indication of wealth...not all land is of equal value.
I just took the OP's question as a conversation starter, not an attempt to be nosy. Most of us here don't even know each other's real first names, so it's not like you're sharing personal info.

Oh yeah, while on the subject 12 acres here, probably 3/4 wooded. Hasn't been farmed in probably 100 years or more, and even then was more subsistence farm as opposed to a source of income.

Last edited:
   / How many acres do you own? #63  
But someone who posts that they own 2,000 acres, now that is a different picture of that person's wealth isn't it?
And still what does it mean? I've about 300 or more acres in Mississippi, about 70 in northern Vermont and about 3/4 of an acre in Northern Virginia. And the 3/4 acres with two houses are worth far more (per assessment) than all the rest.
And just POSTING that info doesn't mean it's real.

/ How many acres do you own? #65  
my tax receipt states 126800 square meters. its somewhat confusing up here as people will use either arpents (old french measure) acres or hectares (metric). 90% is wooded, sad thing is its 61 metres wide by 2158 long.

/ How many acres do you own? #66  
my tax receipt states 126800 square meters. its somewhat confusing up here as people will use either arpents (old french measure) acres or hectares (metric). 90% is wooded, sad thing is its 61 metres wide by 2158 long.
that translate to 31 acres.

/ How many acres do you own?
33 acres and all of it is row cropped except a spot on a knoll for the house, tin shed and cell ph. tower.

And I bought and paid for it with my own money, no generational wealth here.
Mind if I ask what you grow?

/ How many acres do you own? #69  
Not sure why the negativity, when I posted, if you think it's none of my business, don't reply.
I understand that some might not want to reply, hence the statement. Jeez...
I agree. Some folks are a PITA.

If someone is offended don't post. How freaking difficult is that?

I hate all this PC bullshit and fear of "not offending anyone".