How do you store your outside generator?

/ How do you store your outside generator? #21  
Wow, that's nice. Cost about as much as my generator.
Do you leave it on 24/7 outside in the wind?
My generator cost considerably more than the tent. I keep the genny in the garage and roll it outside when needed.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #22  
Well hidden, mostly out of the rain, and firmly held with an ridiculously large chain.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #23  
i keep mine in the garrage and wheel it out when it is needed. The garrage is detached so I could run it in the garrage if needed. Thankfully the opening of the garrage faces east. The prevailing weather is from the west so in rain/snow I can open the garrage and run the generator just on the threashold and be out of all the weather. Keeps it nice and dry but lets me run in all kinds of weather.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #24  
Mine is sitting under my covered backporch on the wood deck, when I need to use it it sits at the end of my porch with exhaust pointing straigh out. When not in use it is stored with a heavy duty canvas cover under a table on the back porch. I have a Duramax XP12000EH gasoline generator. I testrun it every 2 months, so far it's been working just fine.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #25  
Some years ago I had a very noisy Briggs powered small generator.
I had it placed near one foot deep hole and then I got an idea to soften the noise.
Using some flex metal tubing I extended the exhaust to the bottom of the hole.
The drop in sound was simply amazing as the earth absorbed a great deal of it.
You could actually hear the valves clacking but best normal conversation was possible 10-12 ft away.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #26  
That looks like a good one. How does it do with a strong wind? I went with GenTent a few years ago. One big caveat, it is a 2 person job to check the oil on my honda with it's enclosed case.

Luckily I haven't had to use it since I purchased it. I think it will hold up as the cover is not just a vinyl flap there is a hard inner piece to add some weight. The last time I had to run it in the rain I had to rig a tarp over it and even with 2x2 framework it blew around. I think this will work much better.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #27  
In the basement. Walk out and the door leads into a mudroom. I roll it out. Plug into the house, flip the interlock switch and the kid will start watching TV again.

/ How do you store your outside generator? #28  
I built a log shelter to put mine in, matches the log house. Added pressure struts to assist in lifting the roof so I can access the generator. I have an exhaust pipe extension that attaches to the generator's tailpipe to get the exhaust out of the shelter, and the eaves are open to allow for fresh air intake.
_DSC8673.JPG

/ How do you store your outside generator? #29  
Mine stays under the lean to. The electrical cord is under the lean to.
Just start up when needed, plug in. Power feeds from garage to the house