How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #11  
If you both agree on ownership of marked trees, it works. But GPS units are typically +-15-30 feet.
As I said, it worked for me and my neighbor. We both have 80 acres that sit side by side. I agree that consumer-grade GPS provides the specs you indicated and IMO, some days better, some days worse. Perhaps half of the time, you get a few extra trees and on the other half of the hike, the other person gets a few extra trees so it evens out.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #12  
As I said, it worked for me and my neighbor. We both have 80 acres that sit side by side. I agree that consumer-grade GPS provides the specs you indicated and IMO, some days better, some days worse. Perhaps half of the time, you get a few extra trees and on the other half of the hike, the other person gets a few extra trees so it evens out.
It works for timber marking if you both agree. Not so much for fencelines.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #13  
If you both agree on ownership of marked trees, it works. But GPS units are typically +-15-30 feet.
I use a Garmin automotive GPS on my tractor in the pedestrian mode for spraying with my 30 ft boom. I agree it is not dead accurate, but I seldom have a swath that I miss, and if I do it has never been over 3 feet wide. I aim for about 2-3 feet of overlap. I have noticed in my car at 60 + mph the Garmin is indeed far less accurate, particularly on stating elevations. The slower you go the more accurate they are.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #14  
Might should have paid the surveyor to place some line stakes in between the corners.

I don't have that much land and it was divided into several acre lots long ago. I have located and driven T Posts at every marker and keep the brush cut on both sides of the line where there aren't fences. I tried pulling non activated hot wire on the un-fenced line but the deer kept breaking it.

I just replaced all my No Hunting/Trespassing signs as the property next door is being developed. Damn sure didn't want any construction workers or new neighbors getting any ideas. Nothing says "Welcome to the Neighborhood" like a bright new orange lettered sign. :)

Not much matter because I haven't seen my deer since they started work. It's strange becasue the deer don't rely on passing through the parcel they are building on and they often just hang around in my yard. Hoping they adjust and come back. Neighbor on the other side is still getting visitors.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #15  
I have used the software for my Garmin GPS to find where I own, draw lines between the points. Should be quit accurate, you might be able to do this on a custom map on Google map and have it up on your phone. On my GPS it will be +/- between 0 and around 2 meters toleranse, I think that's the best I can hope for with affordable equipment, get the same on my phone.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #16  
An old school way for straight lines when you can't see the other pin: Set 4 posts, I'll call them 1,2,3,&4. Post 1 & 4 are the end posts at the pins. Post 2 & 3 are on the top of the hill where you can see both from either post 1 or 4 and the farther apart 2 & 3 are the better. Sight from 1 to 3 and move 2 to be in-line. Then go to 4 and sight on 2 and move 3 to be in-line. Keep repeating this until posts 2 & 3 don't move anymore. There are variations on this that use more posts when you have multiple view blocks.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees
Everone should be lucky enough to own a parcel so large they don't know where it start's and ends. 🤠
Ha. it isn't that big. It's that dense and that steep. I literally could not pull a straight line 20' with the dense vegetation. And if I could, I would not be able to see it. I've thought about using a bright light on one end but no way I would walk that in the dark. There are a few places where you have to crawl up or slide down depending on which way you are going.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #18  
Find corners and other witness points, add waypoints, draw lines. Took several reads over many months before finalizing map.

Screenshot_20211204-060212.png

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #19  
Not to much of an issue for me,
my place as laid out in the deed just follows the stone walls,
in an Easterly, then a Southernly, thena Westernly and finally a Northernly direction
for so many feet in the various directions.

/ How do you accurately find your property line to post signs and paint trees #20  
I have 80 acres. 1320 x 2640. All four corners have been surveyed - at one time or another. I back sighted from each corner to establish a straight line. Pounded in the T-145 steel posts - strung four strands of barbed wire. Mile and a half of fence line.

My 80 acres is a mere "pimple" - compared to the two neighbors I have. One on the North - other on the South. Their lands completely wrap around my property.

Their land is measured in the thousands of acres. They both run cattle - basically open range land. If my property line fence was off a little - nobody would give a toot.