How about that Mississippi River!?

/ How about that Mississippi River!? #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
I had not heard anything about this before today. But I guess the Mississippi is crazy low. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of this? Is it as bad as the news is saying about it?

/ How about that Mississippi River!? #2  
I had not heard anything about this before today. But I guess the Mississippi is crazy low. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of this? Is it as bad as the news is saying about it?
I’ve seen photos that look pretty low. Hard to believe it is that low.

/ How about that Mississippi River!? #3  
And they are wanting to take water from the Mississippi and send it out west.

/ How about that Mississippi River!? #5  
Yeah, we were down along the river from Nashville to Tunica about 4 weeks ago. Sand bars every where and not much barge traffic at all. They were tied up all over the place, but few moving.

/ How about that Mississippi River!? #7  
Many barges are waiting for higher water to move up mississippi.

/ How about that Mississippi River!?
I guess it is severely hampering barge traffic. They can carry less tonnage and do it slower. The main commodity that is shipped this time of the year is grains. One more thing to raise food costs.

It is presently 6 feet from its lowest levels in recorded history.

/ How about that Mississippi River!? #9  
I guess it is severely hampering barge traffic. They can carry less tonnage and do it slower. The main commodity that is shipped this time of the year is grains. One more thing to raise food costs.

It is presently 6 feet from its lowest levels in recorded history.
I think most of the grain transported on barges on the MS is destined for export.