house site found

/ house site found #21  
Rob,From a distance and from a picture the house appears to be a Log or a Log Veneer.The siding is a 6" Thick Butt Cedar Lap Siding,and the whole project did take a little bit longer than a couple of "poofs" !!!!!

/ house site found #22  
I like it, I like it. Just like RobS, I hope mine can go poof, poof and be done. But it is a long 4-5 mont process and is if mother nature plays nice. I guess the hard part is getting the foundation, framing and roof done. Then it's all inside and it never looks like much is going on. Until the move in day.

Since I close our construction loan on the front end the good part is I don't have the last minute paper chase, BUT, I start paying interest payments right out of the gate. Guess it helps with tax time next year.

/ house site found #23  
MDNY,Building a home is quite an experience,as you will soon find out.There are a million and 1 decisions to make,and the process can take its toll on you and the other half.But it is also a lot of fun to see your home take shape and become a reality.
This place was the first home we built,we lived there five years,sold it and built again.Building two places within five years was a true test of our marriage,but we passed.
Good luck on your adventure,enjoy the whole process.

/ house site found
yeah - those "poofs" tend to happen a lot slower for them that are doing the poofing then those who haven't been around for awhile and and only see the job in jumps. Sometimes I wish I could just write a check and have it over with - but then when I'm out there doing the do - I realize that it's the trip I enjoy more than the destination. Besides - taking out my frustrations with the tractor & chainsaw is what helps keep me sane - sorta.
mike

/ house site found #25  
Mike,you're very right.Our first building project was the reason we bought our first Kubota,a B-2150!!!!

/ house site found #26  
Beautiful home I have always been partial to Cape Cods.