Hour meter/tachometer

/ Hour meter/tachometer #1  

Turn&Burn

Tractor
Bolens G194
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement hour meter/tachometer for my Bolens G194 tractor?

/ Hour meter/tachometer #3  
You can buy a replacement hour meter off Amazon for cheap. I did for one that was on my Craftsman Professional a few years ago. Still working fine.

/ Hour meter/tachometer #4  
Amazon and cheap are synonymous with each other but you need to include the word 'China' as well.

You don't buy it 'off' Amazon, you buy it 'from' Amazon.

Amazon like the government, makes nothing, all they do is provide a retail outlet where you can purchase parts and assemblies made by others and marketed there. In the case of the government, they make nothing but force you to 'buy' their stuff. In the case of Amazon, it's voluntary.

I would suggest looking at the 'Tiny-Tach's' if you want an hour meter / rpm indicator. They are one wire hookup and you can mount them most anywhere. I use them on my smaller engines to monitor hours usage but they work on larger, multi-cylinder engines as well and they aren't expensive either and of course, Amazon lists them as well.

/ Hour meter/tachometer #5  
Amazon and cheap are synonymous

Amazon like the government, makes nothing, all they do is provide a retail outlet where you can purchase parts and assemblies made by others and marketed there.
Why are you so bitter?
Why are you bashing Amazon once again, when the subject is hour meters?
You act like factories all sell direct, and you don’t know what a retailer’s function is
Here’s a 100 of them for you:

Last edited:
   / Hour meter/tachometer #6  
Why are you so bitter?
Why are you bashing Amazon once again, when the subject is hour meters?
You act like factories all sell direct, and you don’t know what a retailer’s function is
Here’s a 100 of them for you:
I'm not bitter about anything, in fact I'm just happy to be alive and chalk up another day in fantasyland.

Just stating the facts and nothing more. Amazon is nothing more than a retailer of goods made by others, just like Walmart or Lowes or Home Depot is tons of other outlets are. None of them produce any hard goods, they simply provide a vehicle to sell them. I don't need to be 'schooled' on what is available on Amazon or anywhere else for that matter. I have the same access to all of them that you do.

In the case of Amazon especially, one has to use discretion as they like to promote goods made in China more than domestically made products and in the case of Tiny Tach's, the original maker was located in the Chicago area. I'm sure he's still around but I bet Amazon lists them as coming from across the pond.

I get to compete with offshore producers as well in my motorcycle accessory business which I never allude to on here. I have to keep my prices competitive and sometimes that can be difficult. My only salvation if you want to call it that is what I offer, I have patents on, not that it means much as the Chinese don't give a hoot about that anyway so I price my offerings competitively and so far it's worked out. When it don't, I'll quit making them as they are just a sideline for my welding and short run machining business.

/ Hour meter/tachometer #7  
I don't see any bashing, I see facts. A vast majority of the stuff sold on Amazon is cheap imported junk. So much so, that at times, during a search it can be hard to filter through and find things that are not. That's not Amazon's fault, it's due to the fact that most average consumers buy things based on lowest price rather than based on highest quality. Sometimes that makes sense, sometimes not. But it generally tends to drive higher quality items right out of the market over time.

/ Hour meter/tachometer #8  
I have noticed as of late that Amazon will list the country of manufacture but you have to look for it in the item description, something I always do prior to clicking the 'buy' button.

/ Hour meter/tachometer #9  
I'm not bitter about anything, in fact I'm just happy to be alive and chalk up another day in fantasyland.

Just stating the facts and nothing more. Amazon is nothing more than a retailer of goods made by others, just like Walmart or Lowes or Home Depot is tons of other outlets are. None of them produce any hard goods, they simply provide a vehicle to sell them. I don't need to be 'schooled' on what is available on Amazon or anywhere else for that matter. I have the same access to all of them that you do.

In the case of Amazon especially, one has to use discretion as they like to promote goods made in China more than domestically made products and in the case of Tiny Tach's, the original maker was located in the Chicago area. I'm sure he's still around but I bet Amazon lists them as coming from across the pond.

I get to compete with offshore producers as well in my motorcycle accessory business which I never allude to on here. I have to keep my prices competitive and sometimes that can be difficult. My only salvation if you want to call it that is what I offer, I have patents on, not that it means much as the Chinese don't give a hoot about that anyway so I price my offerings competitively and so far it's worked out. When it don't, I'll quit making them as they are just a sideline for my welding and short run machining business.
5030 this is just competition for you. We all understand Amazon is a vendor. And I appreciate the variety to choose from In my opinion Amazon has improved the world, and I own the stock. Have a nice day sir

/ Hour meter/tachometer #10  
5030 this is just competition for you. We all understand Amazon is a vendor. And I appreciate the variety to choose from In my opinion Amazon has improved the world, and I own the stock. Have a nice day sir

I own the stock too. It doesn't mean that things couldn't be better... But again, nobody is blaming Amazon. The consumers are the problem. There are many many people who don't understand the difference between a high quality item that costs more and a piece of junk that barely works, and won't for long, but it's cheap. The days of buying an item and it working for 20+ years and being repairable even after that are mostly long gone.