Hose Crimper

/ Hose Crimper #1  

RickB

Super Star Member
Tractor
Just a Scag
Time for a new hose machine for the dealership. We use Weatherhead Coll-O-Crimp U series fittings 1/4" to 3/4" and probably average a couple or three hoses per day. Tell me your likes and dislikes of crimping equipment you use on this style fitting, and where any recent purchases were made. Thanks in advance, Rick.

/ Hose Crimper #2  
I use a Weatherhead Coll-O-Crimp for my mobile equipment repair business, and have used one for the nearly 25 years I've been an equipment mechanic and it is all I've ever used so I don't have experience with any other brands. I buy all of my hose and fittings from TISCO, everytime I have tried to find better prices over those 25 years I haven't even come close, that includes trying to buy factory direct from other manufacturers. The only time I've experienced a crimp failure is when I had a new mechanic build some hoses without checking that he had seated the hose ends all of the way.

Brian

/ Hose Crimper #3  
If you'd like to expand your capabilities, our D165 Hose Crimper is fully adjustable and will assemble hydraulic hoses (up to 1-1/4" ID 4-wire) with fittings from almost any manufacturer.

We have a free instructional video and more crimpers here.