Horn Question

/ Horn Question #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
If I install a LS horn and switch on my XG3037, is a horn relay required? Thanks.

/ Horn Question #2  
To the best of my knowledge any horn that I have seen installed either on a car or tractor has always used a relay so I'd suggest using one.

/ Horn Question #3  
If amperage draw of the horn is less than the current rating of the switch, then No.

/ Horn Question #4  
The stock LS horn on my XR4155HC is wired direct to the horn switch i.e., no relay. My XR4046HC was same.

I’m replacing the stock LS horn with a Stebel air horn that will be powered thru a relay.

Amazon.com: Stebel 116919 - Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black: Automotive

This horn has current draw of about 18 amps @ 12 volts. It comes with a 40 amp relay.

I’ve installed one on my Polaris Ranger and it’s really loud.

/ Horn Question #5  
Is there really a need for a horn on a tractor? I noticed one on my tractor and thought it curious.

/ Horn Question #6  

Attachments

• mini_DSCN2175.JPG
    mini_DSCN2175.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 99
   / Horn Question #7  
Is there really a need for a horn on a tractor? I noticed one on my tractor and thought it curious.

I dunno , but the misses thinks that if she has a horn, she could get my old dog to move- which I doubt!

/ Horn Question #8  

If you have helper and try to get there attention, I use it with my wife:laughing:

/ Horn Question #9  
I added a horn to mine awhile back, it's very handy for getting the wife's attention from a distance and mostly for getting livestock outta my way.

/ Horn Question #10  
I guess I'll try my horn...if it sounds fruity I may be forced to get a air horn too. A tractor should not sound like "Herbie, the Love Bug"! Maybe a nice train horn.