Honda Pioneers

/ Honda Pioneers #12  
Covid made new machines almost impossible to find and used ones cost more than new. Hopefully the "supply chain" gets resolved soon. We need a new car but I'm waiting for a recession instead of the two year car wait list where I have to deposit $1,000 and I don't know the final price or model year of the car I'm getting. WTF

/ Honda Pioneers #13  
I've had a Pioneer 500. I preferred the smaller model due to narrow trails and bridges around my place. Absolutely zero problems in the last 7+ years of use. One of the best options that I had added was the winch. Super handy for dragging out my mower from soft spots.
I did add 26" tires to correct the speedometer error. 27's would have been a better choice.

/ Honda Pioneers #14  
I've heard a lot of good things about them. When I was shopping, it was between the 1000-5 and the Mule Pro FXT. Those I knew who had the 700 wished they had gotten the 1000, so that was what I was looking at. Ultimately, lack of availability and pricing led me to the Mule Pro FXT I bought used. I'm very happy with my decision as I wanted something more geared toward work, had better passenger capacity as well as better cab options. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

/ Honda Pioneers #15  
I bought my first Honda in 1967. I'm a huge fan. When the transition from ATVs to UTVs happened Honda executives were on vacation. By the time they came back to work they were hugely behind. They've never caught up.

I "want" a 1000 Pioneer. I have 100% faith in their powertrain. It's a dramatic improvement over belt drive. Too much maintenance with belt drive. Especially when you pay $30K.

With all that said,,,, I'm soooo disappointed in the Honda in regards to a cab on the Pioneer. If the execs would all come back to work and look around they would realize they are still decades behind in this regard.

If you question that, look at a Polaris Northstar. Or better yet, look at the premium cabbed UTV, Can Am Defender H10.

Come on Honda!!!! Wake up!!!! :)

/ Honda Pioneers #16  
Wow, they sure are piling on the extra charges. o_O Those are higher than a new automobile.

Screenshot_20230203_082935.jpg

/ Honda Pioneers #17  
Wow, they sure are piling on the extra charges. o_O Those are higher than a new automobile.

View attachment 782120
Wait until you look at the more expensive SxS. I have seen over $2500 in fees on Talons. Some dealers are still taking advantage of the lack of new machines. I bought a Talon back in 2019 and they are still selling used for more than I paid for it. Slowly the prices are coming down but it seems the dealer is much quicker to raise their prices than drop them. Go figure...

/ Honda Pioneers #18  
I bought a 700 new in 2019. It is a great machine. I use it mostly around the farm checking cows, riding fences, hauling feed and firewood. It goes very good through our hills. On the road, I wish it was faster, but I rarely use it there. A few things I do wish it had was two more gears, one lower and one higher. It could use turf mode too. One thing I was greatly surprised by, is it's a tank pushing snow.

/ Honda Pioneers #19  
I test drove a 2023 pioneer 1000-6 deluxe yesterday, very impressive performance. The only negative thing l noticed was the turning radius of 18.7’. I think it will work good on my place as the trails are fairly wide. There might be one or two places where l might have to stop and back up then go again. The electric power steering was great. Out the door price was $26,382.68. No sales tax due to farm exemption. Now just have to justify it to my other half.

/ Honda Pioneers #20  
Not sure about the 1000-6 as I have not looked at one yet but my Mule pro is also a big 6-seater. If I unlock the rear and have it in 2wd the turning radius is significantly reduced. In 4wd with the rear locked it adds significantly to the room I need to make a turn.