Honda Pioneers

/ Honda Pioneers #21  
I have two buddies that both have 1000’s, out the door they were both over $20k. I have a couple of the 3010 mules I use at home and farm. If I were going to drop 20k it would probably be on a used small 4x4 with ac, heat and protection from the dust and hot/cold, with more room to haul things.

That said, I have almost always had better luck with Hondas than the others, they do make good stuff.

Last edited:
   / Honda Pioneers #22  
I was shopping a Pioneer 1000 and here in Ontario Canada it came to $37,000 with tax and a windshield added.

So I ended up buying my RTV instead. Have it loaded with options and a Boss vee plow and it still came in cheaper.
Just not as fast.

I do like the Honda's though. I love how you can have 4 seats in the same size machine as a 2 seater.
That new Trail Edition looks real sharp too.

/ Honda Pioneers #23  
I bought my first Honda in 1967. I'm a huge fan. When the transition from ATVs to UTVs happened Honda executives were on vacation. By the time they came back to work they were hugely behind. They've never caught up.

I "want" a 1000 Pioneer. I have 100% faith in their powertrain. It's a dramatic improvement over belt drive. Too much maintenance with belt drive. Especially when you pay $30K.

With all that said,,,, I'm soooo disappointed in the Honda in regards to a cab on the Pioneer. If the execs would all come back to work and look around they would realize they are still decades behind in this regard.

If you question that, look at a Polaris Northstar. Or better yet, look at the premium cabbed UTV, Can Am Defender H10.

Come on Honda!!!! Wake up!!!! :)
Problem is, if they put a factory cab on it, it will end up like the new JD Gator Signature Edition.....50 plus grand. LOL (in Can't-ada anyway)

/ Honda Pioneers #24  
Problem is, if they put a factory cab on it, it will end up like the new JD Gator Signature Edition.....50 plus grand. LOL (in Can't-ada anyway)
Yep. Had a guy tell me a new CanAm HD10 equipped is $33 USD. Though I have "want", I just can't justify it.

/ Honda Pioneers #25  
Own the smaller pioneer 500 2016 model yr, never any major problems, added roof, flip out hard coated windshield and cheap 3k winch. Wishes for it: full automatic transmission vs just paddle shifting does have excellent engine braking though Both manually selectable modes offered on 500/ 520 later models. At times power steering (aftermarket kits available) dump bed, comes with all 520s, better protection for front cv boots, better tires (bought bigger tires with higher ply rating and 14" rims) and better shocks (next upgrade) it's a Honda and is what I expected for reliability. My next sxs will most likely be a 520 and for the price one can afford custom upgrades.

Attachments

• KIMG1632.JPG
    KIMG1632.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
   / Honda Pioneers #26  
Yep. Had a guy tell me a new CanAm HD10 equipped is $33 USD. Though I have "want", I just can't justify it.
That's like me.....I "WANTED" a bigger tractor and had an M7060 lined up, then the price increase hit. Now I'm at the point I may as well spend a bit more and buy a CTL. Or just keep buying antiques.

/ Honda Pioneers #27  
That's like me.....I "WANTED" a bigger tractor and had an M7060 lined up, then the price increase hit. Now I'm at the point I may as well spend a bit more and buy a CTL. Or just keep buying antiques.
Why can't life decisions always be easy...... Always something....... ;)

/ Honda Pioneers #28  
MY FEET MADE THE DECISION EASY! I ended up buying a 2022 Mule Pro Mx SE with about 25 hours on it. Since one of the main uses is snow plowing I was leery of the Honda due to no low range like the Mule has. But never got far enough to test the Pioneer out at a dealership when the left foot of my size 14/15 feet could barely fit in to space allotted for it to the side of the pedal space. Did not even have my snow or hiking boots on. LOL.
Have not had much of a chance to use the Mule yet but love it so far.