Honda EB3500x Generator engine starting issue

/ Honda EB3500x Generator engine starting issue
A few questions.
- Do you have the throttle control connected and does it work ?
Throttle controlView attachment 764223

And I see that there is a fuel shut-off solenoid. Is this connected and does it work ?
View attachment 764224
Shut-off solenoid is #12.
Thanks again Richard! It does have a fuel shutoff and it is new. I'll try testing it. Relatively simple test.

/ Honda EB3500x Generator engine starting issue
A few questions.
- Do you have the throttle control connected and does it work ?
Throttle controlView attachment 764223

And I see that there is a fuel shut-off solenoid. Is this connected and does it work ?
View attachment 764224
Shut-off solenoid is #12.
For the throttle control, which it does have, is there a way to test it? I was thinking this may be suspect. Thanks again.

/ Honda EB3500x Generator engine starting issue #14  
Also, on the EB series, you should be able to manually choke it and override the throttle with a screwdriver to manipulate the throttle.
I would think that since it is not an OEM carb, that taking the old carb and soak in Berrymans, clean the jets and trying that may be the better route to eliminate what might be happening. Hondas very easy engines to work with so this doesn't make a lot of sense other than the carb change being the change in the picture.

/ Honda EB3500x Generator engine starting issue #15  
Also, on the EB series, you should be able to manually choke it and override the throttle with a screwdriver to manipulate the throttle.
I would think that since it is not an OEM carb, that taking the old carb and soak in Berrymans, clean the jets and trying that may be the better route to eliminate what might be happening. Hondas very easy engines to work with so this doesn't make a lot of sense other than the carb change being the change in the picture.
Hard to beat Berryman's Chem Tool for cleaning a carb or an EFI unit. I have mine (Chem Tool) in a heated ultrasonic cleaner. (like Mustie uses on You Tube) and I use it for other stuff as well, like cleaning my handguns and reloading dies as well. Chem Tool will 100% clean and remove and gunked up gasoline and varnish in a carb but you do have to take it apart before you soak it.

After market carbs, especially those sold on Flea Bay and Amazon are always questionable in build quality anyway, especially those of Chineseum origins.

Small engines carbs have small passages inside and even smaller jets and just a tiny amount of gunk can clog them, especially the idle jets and cause a motor not to run and the choke issue tells me the idle circuit is clogged.