HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
Overnight low of 20 ... but feels like 10 ... Here in FL??????

Hello Al Gore ... Come in Al Gore ... Please turn your jet engines on us if that'll warm us up ... Oh & explain this whole low temp thing while you're here.

Thank you Al Gore :laughing:

ps I know some of you are much colder than this, but hey this is FL!!! We aren't prepared for this kinda thing!!! :laughing:

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #2  
I hear ya! I've been reading as much as I can about the Snow Plow/Blower stuff just in case.....lol

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #3  
And it hit 52 degrees here in New Hampshire! :laughing:

Maybe we just need to buy more carbon credits... :confused2:

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #4  
Here in n/east ga.it got to 30 today with the wind it was like 25.Last night it was 18. They are saying tonight its going to drop even lower.I am from Ct. cold is nothing new but I hate it big time.
Army Grunt

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #5  
Northern folks just sharing w/southern folks..that's all. ;)

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #6  
I got lucky this winter, flew back to the Philippines a week ago. Son told me yesterday, dad, its 36 degrees and snowing in Virginia, two hours later, he walked to the beach and went swimming in the South China Sea. Probably 90 degrees here with nothing but sunshine.

mark

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #7  
I hear ya Bep, spent all eve. protecting pipes from busting, :( checked Aruba weather, mid 84 high 75 low fh. :D
Now how can I make a living in Aruba, bundle up tonight and put another log on the fire, wait I don't even have a fireplace, who needs a fire place in Fl.

I do.

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #8  
I thought about protecting all the little plants out side, but then I remembered, pretty much everything froze last year, so there's not much left.

They're forecasting 26 for us in the morning.

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #9  
I had to dig out my insulated carhart jacket to wear while putting heat tape on the swimming pool pump tonight :(. I told my wife I am going to have to start using galvanized pipe for all of my above ground outside water lines. I think we might be a little spoiled here in central Fl. We are expecting low 20's tonight.
The good news is we do have a fireplace. We changed it over to gas last winter. It isn't as pretty of a fire, but it is still warm and no mess.

/ HOLY-COW-COLD-IN-FL #10  
Frostproof is frostbit again!

I'm heading down to Babson Park (just north of Frostproof) on Thursday to help my mom for a couple of days. Looks like I'll be able to thaw out a bit.

Current temperature here in SOWEGA is 21.