3-Point Hitch Hitch speed control

/ Hitch speed control #11  
No takers, huh? ;0):confused2:

If removing the plate doesn't free it up try this.

Spray it with penetrating fluid and LIGHTLY tap the end of the shaft a few times. This will help the penetrating fluid to work its way into the shaft hole. Let it set for a couple of hours and repeat. This time, try moving the arm back and forth while tapping it.

If the shaft has completely fused with the housing you may wind up having to drill it out or maybe it can be driven out from the inside. (Not sure). That usually involves heat from a torch to make it work.

Either way, the valve will likely have to be taken off and and disassembled to free it up if it's stuck really hard.

/ Hitch speed control
Very good advice to tap the valve. In my line of work as an aircraft Mech, we rarely run into this problem unless it's on a teardown and then we can use any method of destruction if the part is to be replaced, which many are as a matter of time in service. One of the things I've found on this tractoris that there is so often very little room to wrench and bang. Seems like I'm always up against the fenders or loader supports or other structures that limit tool motion. Oh well, welcome me to the world of compact tractors.

BTW, I have a 186 manual and a 226 manual and neither show this setup.

/ Hitch speed control
I'd take the entire housing off and get it cleaned up and working correctly, but that's just me..
Probably the best idea, so I will probably try a shortcut and break something. Since I am an aircraft mechanic, I know better. But since it's a tractor and not a jet, I will probably ignore all of your good counsels and do something stupid in order to..........wait for it.....................SAVE TIME! hahahahaha!

Stan Henley

/ Hitch speed control #14  
Probably the best idea, so I will probably try a shortcut and break something. Since I am an aircraft mechanic, I know better. But since it's a tractor and not a jet, I will probably ignore all of your good counsels and do something stupid in order to..........wait for it.....................SAVE TIME! hahahahaha!

Stan Henley

When I was in the Air Force, I had a 30" flat tip screw driver and a 64oz ball peen hammer. I used the screw driver to pry stuff out of the way so I could smack it with the hammer. Very rewarding:D