Here comes the rain...

/ Here comes the rain... #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
We've had a nice, peaceful stretch of weather but now the skies are starting to open up again. What is it that makes rain on the roof after a busy Saturday so relaxing?

The baked beans in the oven smell good, in another hour they will be ready. 😋

/ Here comes the rain... #2  
Sounds good....enjoy!

/ Here comes the rain... #3  
If you end up having too much rain, send some over. We're in desperate need of rain, lots of it.

/ Here comes the rain... #5  
Yesterday sure was soaker here and wind shook lot of leaves from the trees. :eek:

/ Here comes the rain... #6  
3" of rain here yesterday, the pond is topped off and the creek is running full bore. I'm glad it was rain and not snow....

Minor flooding in the valley with a few wet basements. I'm high and dry on the hill.

/ Here comes the rain... #7  
Harvest time here so from drought to rain. Had more rain last week than we did all summer with more predicted this week.

As semi retired farmer hard to complain about rain but the timing frequently sucks 😁

/ Here comes the rain... #9  
As semi retired farmer hard to complain about rain but the timing frequently sucks
I'm still farming and Mother Nature always seems to dump on me at the most inconvenient times. Least it's not snow.... yet. I'm in the kitchen baking bread right now. My wife has an issue with yeast. If she even gets near a rising loaf of bread, it ceases to rise and remains flat...lol

So I do the bread chores. With the price of even sponge bread today at the grocery, I've been baking our bread for a few months now. Nice thing about making your own is, you can add anything you want to. This loaf is raisin bread... and it's actually raising (so long as my lovely wife don't go near it that is). Besides, I always like the aroma of baking bread.

/ Here comes the rain... #10  
We've had a nice, peaceful stretch of weather but now the skies are starting to open up again. What is it that makes rain on the roof after a busy Saturday so relaxing?
Most of the rain missed us...maybe 1/4" Sat. night/Sun. morning but that was it. Unfortunately, I also missed most of that 3 week span of nice weather...had a work project that kept me inside for most of it. :mad:

Am glad we did our annual foliage loop last weekend...most of it was gone this past one.
With the price of even sponge bread today at the grocery, I've been baking our bread for a few months now. Nice thing about making your own is, you can add anything you want to. This loaf is raisin bread... and it's actually raising (so long as my lovely wife don't go near it that is). Besides, I always like the aroma of baking bread.
Trouble with home-made bread is that it doesn't keep more than a couple days. We just don't eat that much of it, so it gets stale/moldy and we have to toss it.