Loader HELP with 4320 SCV not re-centering

/ HELP with 4320 SCV not re-centering #11  
I'd try a good spritz of the JD Super Lube first, and then work the joystick back and forth a bit, hit it again, repeat a few times and see what happens. I have had great success loosening up internal parts by letting that stuff work its way in and lube/loosen things up. I don't know what all is in it, but it really does work well, and it does migrate along metal parts well.

/ HELP with 4320 SCV not re-centering
Re: HELP with 4320 SCV not re-centering FIXED

See photo.

The inner spring retainer was rusted and binding on the curl spool (shaft on the right end in photo), holding the spring in it's compressed position so it could not push the spool back to center. Actually I thought I'd find the far end retainer or bolt broken, which would have had the same effect. Anyway I freed up the retainer, cleaned rust from everything, lubed well and replaced housing with new gasket. Total cost $0.

Now to decide whether or not to re-install the large plastic cover around the seat - I'm sore tempted to leave it off but probably won't.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful help and especially Arlen4720 for the schematic that allowed focused troubleshooting.

P1010492 360k.jpg

/ HELP with 4320 SCV not re-centering #13  
Good job.
You had mentioned that you haven't used the loader for a couple years and had the joystick locked. Make sure you exercise the valve often, even without the loader attached- it will keep the valve free.

/ HELP with 4320 SCV not re-centering
Yessir, I plan to.

I was surprised at the amount of rust present under what looks like a sealed housing, though a couple of y'all warned to expect this. Whether a not great job of installing the housing at the factory or just a fact of tractor life I don't know. But I was careful to try to seal the gasket between the housing and valve.

Thanks again to everyone.