Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #51  
Well now I am laughing at the parts availability line as I recently found I couldn’t get parts for one of my Deere’s But was able to easily source parts for a Chinese futon tractor that the guy down the road needed fixed. Go figure!
Haha...I don't care if they can get parts if they cannot be bothered to even sell me a tractor. Since IH went under, JD has seemed to be full of hubris. Imagine if Ford or GM went under. The remaining US nameplate would get all of the business from those who see buying American nameplates as patriotic. From that point, complacency sets in. I wonder how many buy green paint because of where the HQ is...

/ Help on new purchase #52  
Well now I am laughing at the parts availability line as I recently found I couldn’t get parts for one of my Deere’s But was able to easily source parts for a Chinese futon tractor that the guy down the road needed fixed. Go figure!
Broke a headlight on our 3032 and the replacement uses a different bulb type than the original. No plug and play, wiring has to be field adapted.

/ Help on new purchase #53  
Haha...I don't care if they can get parts if they cannot be bothered to even sell me a tractor. Since IH went under, JD has seemed to be full of hubris. Imagine if Ford or GM went under. The remaining US nameplate would get all of the business from those who see buying American nameplates as patriotic. From that point, complacency sets in. I wonder how many buy green paint because of where the HQ is...
Couldn’t be bothered? Heard it seen it felt the impact personally once!

The availability of parts so far has been no issue on other brands that I have dealt with. Some things seem to be there in no time and others are a wait just as it’s always been. I have ordered parts for most everything’s I own except for my Kioti but have ordered upgrade parts such as more remotes. I have ordered multiple things for and alongside other owners with about the same success rate and wait time for each. the exception being Branson and Mahindra being brands I haven’t worked on.

With that being said, I would concentrate on what I like best and feel most comfortable on first and foremost providing it meets my usaeage requirements, options second and cost or price last.. Resale and myths about parts or quality would not sway my decision.

/ Help on new purchase #55  
Good Works Tractor (GWT) has a number of good YouTube videos and sells a lot of attachments from a variety of companies. He is not a dealer.

In one of his videos he said that own though deere has its own quick hitch you can get it ordered with skid steer quick attachment. I have not personally checked into to that but if I was looking for a new tractor I would ask about it.

if you are looking at adding a 3 point quick attach I would not get the deere QH as it is Cat 2 and you would have to buy bushings ($50) for each of your 3 point attachments. GWT sells a 3 point QH with cat 1. I am planning to sell my deere QH and buy one that has cat 1

/ Help on new purchase #56  
Gwt is a dealer, he just deals in implements and used tractors. He is 100% a JD fan boy and that's OK as long as you understand that going in. Some of the things he says are ridiculous, especially when he does a comparison. Also, like most of the yt crowd, he is basically making an infomercial. Again, not necessarily a bad thing, just need to know that up front.

/ Help on new purchase #57  
thanks for everyones replies. i thought long and hard and i told the salesman to get me the 1025r with loader, 54d deck with bagger system and front blower. he came down on the price and waived the finance charge so im saving an additional few hundred dollars. The LS seemed like a really good tractor, but i choose deere because of the parts availability and i know more about the Deere's than LS. someday id like to give them a shot.
I have the 1025R TLB + belly mower. Love it! You should be happy with it.

/ Help on new purchase #58  
If the resale price for a Deere is twice as much
then you will be paying twice as much for it!
When you purchase a tractor other than a Deere
or Kubota you can purchase your attachments
and perhaps have a few bucks left over for a few
cool ones! And the other brand tractors usually
have standard equipment where Deere & Kubota
they are EXTRA MONEY ! :mad:

willy

/ Help on new purchase #59  
Gwt is a dealer, he just deals in implements and used tractors. He is 100% a JD fan boy and that's OK as long as you understand that going in. Some of the things he says are ridiculous, especially when he does a comparison. Also, like most of the yt crowd, he is basically making an infomercial. Again, not necessarily a bad thing, just need to know that up front.
I quit watching him for the same reason as I ditched TTwT.
Nothing more than a talking head with an infomercial, fo which he gets paid handsomely.

He’s basically a Deere and Kubota shill. I quit watching after he badmouth the “minor “ brands with the same tired old resale value tripe.

It would be interesting to find out how many posters flying the parts availability in thirty years flag are in there sixties or seventies already and will be on the wrong side of the sod well before their tractor needs those elusive parts in thirty years.

/ Help on new purchase #60  
I quit watching him for the same reason as I ditched TTwT.
Nothing more than a talking head with an infomercial, fo which he gets paid handsomely.

He’s basically a Deere and Kubota shill. I quit watching after he badmouth the “minor “ brands with the same tired old resale value tripe.

It would be interesting to find out how many posters flying the parts availability in thirty years flag are in there sixties or seventies already and will be on the wrong side of the sod well before their tractor needs those elusive parts in thirty years.
In the 70s, IH was one of if not The brand...now they are just a shared brand of a bigger company...in that same time Toyota was considered a low cost junk brand...now they are consistently top rated on reliability and resale value (as in % of sales price, not $$).