Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #41  
Hey everyone im new to the forum. Need some insight from more experienced users as to which route to go. Im torn between a Deere 1025r or an LS mt125. I would like both equipped with loader, mower deck, bagger system and from driven snow blower.
LS after all equipment is $28,000 they offer 3.9% 84 months
Deere after equipment is $35,000. They offer 0% at 84 months.
both are very nice tractors, the main differences i see are the deere has an autoconnect and drive over mower deck and the ls is manually connected. Also the deere has some worklights and better seat, cruise control etc. Seems like both tractors are very comparable and the attachments are easy on/off for both.

should i consider a slightly used tractor with most of the implements i want or stick with new due to warranty.
How does the LS hold up vs the Deere? Would i be better off taking the 0% as it will cost about the same as the finance charge in the end? Also how is the market for used implements if i decided to hold off on the snowblower for instance? I have some tractor knowledge and experience but not enough to make a decision here apparently. Any tips or help is appreciated as im still a little green in the topic. (No pun intended) thanks!
I bought a Massey Ferguson GC1723, 2 years ago after shopping all the brands in that size. I have been completely happy with my decision.

/ Help on new purchase
thanks for everyones replies. i thought long and hard and i told the salesman to get me the 1025r with loader, 54d deck with bagger system and front blower. he came down on the price and waived the finance charge so im saving an additional few hundred dollars. The LS seemed like a really good tractor, but i choose deere because of the parts availability and i know more about the Deere's than LS. someday id like to give them a shot.

/ Help on new purchase #43  
Hey everyone im new to the forum. Need some insight from more experienced users as to which route to go. Im torn between a Deere 1025r or an LS mt125. I would like both equipped with loader, mower deck, bagger system and from driven snow blower.
LS after all equipment is $28,000 they offer 3.9% 84 months
Deere after equipment is $35,000. They offer 0% at 84 months.
both are very nice tractors, the main differences i see are the deere has an autoconnect and drive over mower deck and the ls is manually connected. Also the deere has some worklights and better seat, cruise control etc. Seems like both tractors are very comparable and the attachments are easy on/off for both.

should i consider a slightly used tractor with most of the implements i want or stick with new due to warranty.
How does the LS hold up vs the Deere? Would i be better off taking the 0% as it will cost about the same as the finance charge in the end? Also how is the market for used implements if i decided to hold off on the snowblower for instance? I have some tractor knowledge and experience but not enough to make a decision here apparently. Any tips or help is appreciated as im still a little green in the topic. (No pun intended) thanks!
I am a Kubota man. But no matter which tractor you get I highly recommend it has a enclosed cab and four wheel drive. You will never, ever, ever be sorry you did.

/ Help on new purchase #44  
Have you seen the SA424 or the SA324?? Nice 6 year
warranty and I believe they have a bumper to bumper
warranty don't remember the time frame. They also
have a nice discount.

willy
Willy, the word on the street that I have been hearing is dealers can not get Yanmars right now. I know I called all the dealers in my local area about the YM models and they said they have been on order for over a year with no delivery date in sight.

/ Help on new purchase #45  
I used to watch Tractor Time with Tim too.

Great entertainment, but take what he says with a grain of salt. He’s a paid shill for all things John Deere.

I have nothing against John Deere. That’s the label on my excavator.
He genuinely likes and prefers Deere over everything else. But the guy makes some serious bank from that YT channel 🤑

/ Help on new purchase #46  
well the resale on the Deere is going to be twice what the LS would be and parts and service is much better on the Deere so it is a no brainer but that being said buy the one you like best. Good luck
Don’t fool yourself when you hear this. The resale will never be higher than the same percentage more it cost as new! It might sell a little faster in some areas, but areas like around here where people are not easily fooled that even becomes a rarity!

/ Help on new purchase #47  
Not having a horse in this race or an axe to grind, I think I would go for the Deere, especially if you plan to be taking the mower deck on and off repeatedly, which you might want to do when doing loader work. Check out the YouTube channel Tractor Time With Tim, he does a lot of work with his 1025Rs. Impressive machines. Good Works tractors does a comparison with a 1025R and a similar size Kubota and his conclusion was, there is no real comparison, 1025R all the way. The only thing I don't like about the 1025R and all John Deeres is the proprietary quick attach bucket compared to the skid steer quick attach everyone else offers. It limits what you can put on the front of the machine.
I own New Holland and Ford, so as I said, no horse, no axe.
Yes, JDs proprietary interconnects is a show stopper for me. A company should not corner you to buy their overpriced attachments by having a custom hookup system.

/ Help on new purchase #48  
The way I explain it to people, is you have a choice between a Honda and a Hyundai, one has years of a history of reliability and good dealer support, the other has to put 'enticements' to get you to buy. I think you see what I value, choose wisely...
So how do you explain my experiance with Hyundai and Kioti being better than Honda, Toyota and deere and kubota?

/ Help on new purchase #49  
Don’t fool yourself when you hear this. The resale will never be higher than the same percentage more it cost as new! It might sell a little faster in some areas, but areas like around here where people are not easily fooled that even becomes a rarity!
It is funny how people like to grab a marketing line and run with it. I like to watch some of the videos just to see how they focus on nearly meaningless points to dig at one competitor or another. For JD, it is 'ignore that we are super expensive, think of how much more you will get in 30 years when your kids sell your estate'. For Kubota, it's 'lift capacity is not useful because they list it at the pins...or we have a higher lift range so ignore the fact that our loaders lift a lot less...or who really lifts that much anyway'. For Kioti it's ' we give you a lot more tractor for the money than JD or Kubota...just ignore LS, TYM and Branson.
..the list goes on and on.

/ Help on new purchase #50  
It is funny how people like to grab a marketing line and run with it. I like to watch some of the videos just to see how they focus on nearly meaningless points to dig at one competitor or another. For JD, it is 'ignore that we are super expensive, think of how much more you will get in 30 years when your kids sell your estate'. For Kubota, it's 'lift capacity is not useful because they list it at the pins...or we have a higher lift range so ignore the fact that our loaders lift a lot less...or who really lifts that much anyway'. For Kioti it's ' we give you a lot more tractor for the money than JD or Kubota...just ignore LS, TYM and Branson.
..the list goes on and on.
Well now I am laughing at the parts availability line as I recently found I couldn’t get parts for one of my Deere’s But was able to easily source parts for a Chinese futon tractor that the guy down the road needed fixed. Go figure!