Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #42  
They can establish credit using their name and your number...I know, it shouldn't be possible....They can also divert SS payments to another location or method.
An attorney friend of mine was just telling me that he had several cases where his SSN was used to open credit accounts in someone's name. It's was a long but incredible story. The reason I am mentioning it is that I was not aware this could be done as easily as it can be, and hopefully others will take heed.

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #43  
An attorney friend of mine was just telling me that he had several cases where his SSN was used to open credit accounts in someone's name. It's was a long but incredible story. The reason I am mentioning it is that I was not aware this could be done as easily as it can be, and hopefully others will take heed.
I saw the negative effects of this on the bank side.

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB
Eddie let me know if you need anything. My wife is Mama Steph that works for KLTV. I will ask her if she knows of any of this happening to others. I am sure she will do all she can to help as well.

She said make sure to alert the local SS office as well. They can put a alert on her number.
I haven't watched KLTV News in years. Is your wife on there every day?

I just googled her, and watched a clip of her making some chocolate chip cookies. They look really good, so I "Followed" her on FB. My wife loves to cook and experiment with new ideas!!!

We're not fans of Skirto, so we watch KETK instead. It's all about the weatherman!!!

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #46  
A credit FREEZE will protect them much more than an alert.
Yes, call all 3 major credit places and FREEZE them . . . (y) I had to do the same for a different situation.

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #47  
I called Equifax fist because they where first on the list. After going through a long interaction with their computer answering machine, I eventually got to a real person in India.
Personally, I would have a real hard time trusting or believing anyone on the end of a phone line from India. I would be doing all the contacting of the various companies required myself, to know to was actually done. It appears to me that a lot of these scams originate in India.
Ditto. One place I do NOT trust.
at lest she wasn't broadcating it on national television like this guy was. LifeLock CEO's Identity Stolen 13 Times
I signed up for LifeLock in August and that has been a big help.
- Look into LifeLock or other identity protection services
Eddie - I got the paycheck loan alert from LifeLock at ...
No, no, NO, Just NO!!!!!

LifeLock was acquired by computer security company Symantec in 2017. After selling its enterprise division to Broadcom, the company was renamed Norton LifeLock in November 2019; the same year, the company also began to offer versions of its Norton 360 subscription service with LifeLock included.

Robert J. Maynard, Jr., a co-founder of the company, resigned in June 2007 following a controversial story published in Phoenix New Times about his past. The story involved bankruptcy, FTC investigation and identity theft.[36][7][8]

LifeLock was fined $12 million by the Federal Trade Commission in March 2010 for deceptive advertising.[37] The FTC called the company's prior marketing claims misleading to consumers by claiming to be a 100% guarantee against all forms of identity theft.[38]

In 2015, the FTC found LifeLock to be in contempt of the 2010 agreement, charging that they "failed to establish and maintain a comprehensive information security program", and "falsely advertised that it protected consumers' sensitive data". The FTC obtained a $100 million monetary penalty against LifeLock to settle the contempt charge. Of that fine, $68 million is to be held for class-action refunds to LifeLock customers.

They were also associated with Rudy the runny hair dye guy.

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #48  
go to transunion site and sign up for their app. I believe its 6.99/month. Texts if anyone tries to access or open my accounts.

ive been using them for 5-6 years. Instant credit checks whenever i want. I can lock and unlock all 3 credit systems on their app without talking to any one.

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #49  
File here:

Also make sure she tells ALL her Facebook friends as they may take over the account and start messaging her friends as if they were her to run another scam.

/ Help. My mom made a huge mistake on FB #50  
Get credit monitoring reports that will notify you if any new accounts are opened in her SSN. That's usually the biggest risk and easiest way for the thieves to get money. They open accounts at stores and purchase a few thousand in merchandise and then move on. It makes a mess for the person who's SSN was used.