Help me decide which Mahindra

/ Help me decide which Mahindra
Mike058 said:
**It is fully plumbed for water, and was working perfectly when my dad lived there, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it back running again...The pump works fine and supplies water to the water troughs (known as canogas where I come from) and systern, but I can't figure how in the world it gets to the house.**

Look for a shut off valve. Someone may have just turned the water off after your dad passed away. Could be a really easy fix. Could be under the house or in a box just outside. Could be back at the source but the box should be pretty visible. You could rent a metal detector and mark the path that the pipe from the house takes. Trace it back to it's source and see what you dig up. If the pipe's in nasty shape, replumb with the newer plastic pipe. If running water was all that was standing between me and a place to really put a tractor to use, I'd be all over it.

I'll give it a try. But I'm pretty sure the house is plumbed with pvc already. There is a line at the pump that runs to the systern and another that is broken off. I think the broken line might be the one that supplied the house, but it looks to head in the wrong direction. I don't know, but I'll figure it out- even if I need to get a plumber over there.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #22  
Warcat,

Were it me, I think I'd go with the 3525 now, and then if you decide to start farming the 60 acres of hay yourself, I'd look into finding a larger used tractor when that time comes. That way you're not locked into a tractor that's really too big for what you're going to do today without definite plans for tomorrow. Then, when the time comes, you can get set up properly to run a nice little hay operation.

I think you could possibly even do it all with the 3525 as it would probably handle a 7' mower/conditioner (we never had one that small, but we did have a JD 1209 mower/conditioner, and it was a pretty light load on whatever tractor we had it on, so I'm figuring a 7 footer like a JD 1207 would be similarly light) and a square baler, but it's really nice to have 2 tractors when working hay... almost a necessity at times, like when the hay is finally dry enough to bale late in the morning, and thunderstorms are coming in the mid-afternoon... you need one tractor raking and the other on the baler. When the raking is done, that tractor then hooks up to the wagons and starts picking up bales off the field... it's always a race to beat the rain it seems, at least here in the midwest.

Get out there and find that shutoff valve!!:p;)

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #23  
I guess my 6' bush hog on my 5500 is a little small judging by the comments here huh? :)

I've got the best of both worlds I think. I have a 5500 (54hp) and can use my dads 2610 Yanmar (30hp or so). He has a short 5' hog on his that works great for me to clean up in the woods. Currently I have his tractor while him and my brother are using mine to load scrap iron. Didn't know my tractor could lift a half ton chevy till I tried it. Being me I still think your making the right decision with the bigger tractor and fel.