Help me decide which Mahindra

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #1  

warcat

Well, I've done some pricing/negotiating and have come to a tough choice (for me anyway).

Here's the deal:

I can buy a Mahindra 5525 with appropriately sized shredder, disc, post hole digger and grader blade (NO front end loader).
OR
I can buy a Mahindra 3525 WITH front end loader, shredder and post hole digger.

I can get either of these for basically the same money down and the same monthly payment for the same number of months- Which is the maximum I would want to pay for a tractor plus implements.

Should I go with the more HP and extra implements, or should I go with the lesser HP, miss out on a disc and grader, but add the loader?

I know I'll need the shredder and post hole digger right away, and won't need a disc for at least a year (maybe 3) since my land is leased to a gentleman with a tractor who works the fields.

My intended use for either of the two is shredding 2 acres immediately around my ranch house, and on approx 2-3 miles of ranch roads. Planting food plots for deer hunting on approx 10 acres. And leveling craters made by a pretty bad hog problem.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #2  
This is really a question only you can answer, but since you're asking opinions, here's one...

Adding a loader to any tractor increases it's usefulness 10 fold. I use my loader more than any other implement by far. Alot of people do. If it were me, I'd wait on the implements you don't need for now, and (this is key) as long as the 3525 has the HP to do what you need, I'd go with that.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #3  
I forgot to say that by the looks of what you need the tractor for, I don't see anything there that would require a higher HP tractor than the 3525. That should run at least a 6 foot shredder, and the post hole auger is nothing.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #4  
I have a customer who was using a 8" shredder on the back of a 3525 and said it worked well. Also if you buy the tractor with the loader, the actual cost of the loader will be far less than if you bought the loader later and installed it then. This is due to factory instalation and shipping costs. Here in the northeast it is a considerable difference. Buying your 3ph implements later, there wouldn't be much price differenciation.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #5  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
I have a customer who was using a 8" shredder on the back of a 3525 and said it worked well. Also if you buy the tractor with the loader, the actual cost of the loader will be far less than if you bought the loader later and installed it then. This is due to factory instalation and shipping costs. Here in the northeast it is a considerable difference. Buying your 3ph implements later, there wouldn't be much price differenciation.

I'd suggest you get the HP and FEL now, and the implements as you go along. Shredders all always up for sale used, as are PHDs. Personally I'd go with the 5525 W/FEL. BobG in VA

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #6  
BobG_in_VA said:
I'd suggest you get the HP and FEL now, and the implements as you go along. Shredders all always up for sale used, as are PHDs. Personally I'd go with the 5525 W/FEL. BobG in VA

I second this recommendation, more HP and FEL.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #7  
Going just on the background info you provided I'd go with the 3525 w/ FEL.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra
RedRiver said:
Going just on the background info you provided I'd go with the 3525 w/ FEL.

Since there is approx 60 acres of fields, I guess the potential is there for me to plant hay on all 60 from time to time. Is 35 hp enough for that?

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #9  
warcat said:
Since there is approx 60 acres of fields, I guess the potential is there for me to plant hay on all 60 from time to time. Is 35 hp enough for that?

The 3525 could get the job done but if you thought this was a real possibility I would go with the 5525 or 6025.

/ Help me decide which Mahindra #10  
I'd take a serious look at a used 00 series or new 30 series. Get 4wd and the loader at time of purchase.
I've seen a 4500 2wd rolling hay with a small 4x4 roller and I've done some serious work with my 6000 4wd.