HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #31  
ANY field will do you... I would try and find someone with a field to mow. Beside it's extra seat time.

PS. The TBN jacket is nice and warm in this cold weather :thumbsup:

(Thanks again...)

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #32  
On my L4400 HST, the PTO clutch is just a lever. The PTO slasher contains a friction clutch, its similar to a snap pin, if the blades get caught on something, the friction clutch will start slipping.

But the plates inside it wear out over time, you have to tighten those 8 bolts ontop of those springs. Otherwise it will keep slipping when you got through thick grass and there will be a burning smell coming from the friction clutch.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #33  
Might be worth investing some time & a few bucks to go over to the "small" dealer with the PTO Dyno & have them dyno it for you (post repair). Could the cable be mis-adjusted so that when you let go of the clutch it doesn't travel far enough to open the valve completely? I'd worry less about travel to disengage the pto (it just needs to be off) than making sure you had full pressure when engaged.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #34  
Interesting. Even my rural dealer has a pto dyno. All late model Kubota's have a separate wet clutch for the pto and checking the pack pressure (I suggest either buying the shop manual or downloading a copy online) is easy as there is a port on the side of the gearbox where you can adjust the pack pressure as well as check it with a liquid filled 3000 psi gage.

Neither of mine (M9's have ever needed adjustment) and I use intensive pto driven implements. One has over 6000 meter hours on it and the other is bumping 4500.

Pack .lockup pressures vary by model so you need a workshop manual to ascertain the correct pressure.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #35  
on my grand L40 series pack pressure is in the neighbourhood of 360-400 psi so you may need a smaller gauge. they vary by transmission type within a model also.

I would definitely visit a dealer with a PTO dyno.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #36  
I suggest the 3000 psi gage because you can use it for more than pack pressure and most all of the liquid filled gages are the same price. Why limit yourself.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #37  
the larger gauges usually start reading too high but if you have a 3000 gauge that reads down to less than 200 that would work too.