HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #21  
Thanks for your explanation JC. What I am really worried about is that they will replace the clutch discs but not repair what caused them to go bad in the first place and when they wear out again next year it will not be covered by warranty and will be a $4000 repair job.

And after my tractor being in this shop for over 3 weeks, I have absolutely no confidence in this dealer. :(

Tally,

My suggestion is to get as familiar as you can be with the inner working and operation pressure needed of your clutch pack and type of the hyd pto valve used. Once you learn that then there is no reason that you can not check and keep it in good working order. If nothing else, you can ask specific question and at the least they can do is to copy few pages of the service manual exactly for your rig. There got to be a way to measure clutch pack pressure, system pressure and pertinent information you need. I don't have a Kubota but it took me a call to our local dealer, and he sent me (Faxed) out parts break down and diagram of new mechanical pto clutch for the L series. The thing is you need to be very clear of what you need. Bottom line your pto should be on or off and anything in between is no good.

JC,

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch
Well my tractor has been at the dealer for a month now and all they tell me is that it is split and they are working on it.

My warranty expired 3 weeks ago so I am wondering if they will warrant this repair and if so for how long. It would really suck if they didn't repair it correctly and it only worked a month or two and then broke again and they told me "sorry, it's out of warranty now".

Do your warranty repairs usually take this long?

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #23  
Tally,
Repairs down in my neck of the woods average 2-3 weeks on warranty work and this is for minor problems and about half the time it requires a return trip and I have an excellent dealer. I think that is pretty common place with tractor repair.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #24  
Well my tractor has been at the dealer for a month now and all they tell me is that it is split and they are working on it.

My warranty expired 3 weeks ago so I am wondering if they will warrant this repair and if so for how long. It would really suck if they didn't repair it correctly and it only worked a month or two and then broke again and they told me "sorry, it's out of warranty now".

Do your warranty repairs usually take this long?

Was it still in warranty when you took it in? Did the warranty expire while in the dealers repair shop? If yes then you should be covered.

Was it still in warranty when you took it in? Did the warranty expire while in the dealers repair shop? If yes then you should be covered.

Yes, I will not be charged for this repair.

What I am wondering is if this repair will be guaranteed for any length of time since it is now out of warranty or will I have to pay to get it repaired for the same problem if it happens again due to not being repaired correctly this time.

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #26  
Yes, I will not be charged for this repair.

What I am wondering is if this repair will be guaranteed for any length of time since it is now out of warranty or will I have to pay to get it repaired for the same problem if it happens again due to not being repaired correctly this time.

That would concern me too I would ask the dealer and get it in writing. I would also call Kubota Corp and ask if it would be warranted and for how long. I would want to know what the problem was and what they did to fix it. Did they replace a whole unit or repair or rebuild a problematic clutch pack?

/ HELP!!! L4400HST PTO Clutch #28  
Sorry to hear about this... Have they even given you a reason as to why it's taking so long? (did they give you a loaner tractor???)

The only reason I was given is "It's a hard job to split the tractor to work on it".

No loaner tractor. I had to finish cutting my pasture with my little Yanmar tractor a month ago.

They finally got my tractor fixed and I picked it up today. They said they put a new pto clutch pack in it but they wouldn't give me any papers saying what they did or when I picked it up.

They said I had a 90 day guarantee but of course, I am not planning on using my tractor in the next 90 days so the warranty will expire while it sits in the barn. There is no grass around here for me to cut to try it out.

All I can do now is hope for the best......