Help identifying old attachment

/ Help identifying old attachment #1  

James Martinez

Tractor
Ford 2N
Hello I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have an old attachment that I have no clue what it was used for It would be great if I could get some help identifying it. Sorry if the pictures are a little hard to see it was bright today.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
   / Help identifying old attachment #2  
Looks to me like a cultivator and or hiller, tillage with a team or single horses, or small tractor.... betcha..

/ Help identifying old attachment #3  
Looks like a row crop cultivator, with a shield to protect young plants. What crops were grown in your area? Corn? Beans? Cotton? Lettuce? Etc.?

Bruce

/ Help identifying old attachment
Looks like a row crop cultivator, with a shield to protect young plants. What crops were grown in your area? Corn? Beans? Cotton? Lettuce? Etc.?
I’m pretty sure the folks that used this grew corn, wheat and hay

/ Help identifying old attachment #5  
It is a cultivator with lots of adjustment points. Are there any stamping or numbers on it.??

/ Help identifying old attachment #6  
I agree. One row at a time. A shield to protect the young plants. Disks to cultivate each side. May have been used on corn.

Kind of has the Rube Goldberg look about it.

/ Help identifying old attachment #7  
The discs on either side of the sheet metal shroud are currently set to pull dirt away from the plant row. They could be swapped each to the other side to pull dirt in towards the crop row. The shroud would then prevent dirt from covering the crop.

We had a two row tractor drawn version for "weeding" row crops of corn and milo. Usually pulled it with an 8N Ford and had to drive excruciatingly slow as a youngster to avoid damaging the crop. Seemed like lunchtime would never arrive and the day would never end. :)