Flail Mower Help ID this flail mower

/ Help ID this flail mower #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I bought this flail mower several years back from a friend who buys and sells old equip, he bought it at Archibold, Ohio auction. All ID plates are missing . It is 91" wide with 80"cut. It is offset 60" by 32". Only remote ID is it is painted Ford blue over Ford industrial yellow. It has 4" T cutters, 26 per row and 4 rows. What makes me think it is a Ford is the shafts are 11/8". Prior owners welded a female spline to the drive shaft and this totally wore down. I took it apart last year but no machine shop around NW Ohio can replace the female spline. I found the right spline size at TSC but it that ?yellow cast metal from India and I tore one up before hooking up a Ford PTO to larger yoke. I now am seeking a schematic to help reassemble the components. I have replaced the bearings which were destroyed. I will attach photos in hope that some one can ID this for me. Is it a Ford 907 or possibly a 917? Am looking for schematic to help me put it back together, if possible.

Attachments

• 2011-07-24 002.JPG
    2011-07-24 002.JPG
    860.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 2011-07-24 006.JPG
    2011-07-24 006.JPG
    652.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 2011-07-24 003.JPG
    2011-07-24 003.JPG
    943 KB · Views: 192
  • 2011-07-24 004.JPG
    2011-07-24 004.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 138
   / Help ID this flail mower #3  
Check with the local Ford New Holland Farm Equipment Dealer
in your area and I am sure they can help you.

If there are no local Ford New Holland dealers in your area I would call www.wengersofmyerstown.com and I am sure they can help you.

We have lot of Ford Flail Mower owners here too and they are always willing to help folks with flail mowers.

I offer a big welcome to you as our newest member the Flail Mower Nation.

Last edited:
   / Help ID this flail mower #4  
I bought this flail mower several years back from a friend who buys and sells old equip, he bought it at Archibold, Ohio auction. All ID plates are missing . It is 91" wide with 80"cut. It is offset 60" by 32". Only remote ID is it is painted Ford blue over Ford industrial yellow. It has 4" T cutters, 26 per row and 4 rows. What makes me think it is a Ford is the shafts are 11/8". Prior owners welded a female spline to the drive shaft and this totally wore down. I took it apart last year but no machine shop around NW Ohio can replace the female spline. I found the right spline size at TSC but it that ?yellow cast metal from India and I tore one up before hooking up a Ford PTO to larger yoke. I now am seeking a schematic to help reassemble the components. I have replaced the bearings which were destroyed. I will attach photos in hope that some one can ID this for me. Is it a Ford 907 or possibly a 917? Am looking for schematic to help me put it back together, if possible.

I would have to see a female spine that a machine shop can't reproduce!!! My thoughts are "don't want to reproduce that spline" since it is a one off and probably not a lot of money in it for them. Just too much trouble to set up a machine to do a single job with limited payout (tractor parts typically don't pay well to reproduce). My thoughts are if you can't find the part, either find a machinist that likes tractors or replace both sides of the spline with a new piece welded on to each end.
David from jax
David from jax