Front-End Loader Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines

/ Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines #1  

myboyblue85

I have a Massey 135 that I am trying to attach a Freeman 2000 Loader. I have it mounted but having hard time hooking up the hydraulic lines. I have a hydraulic valve selector that I connected to tractor so I can run hydraulics off of that but I don't how to connect everything else. The front cylinders have 2 hoses on each side to tilt bucket (then connect at a T and go back to tractor), the back cylinders have one hydraulic one, so I have a total of three hydraulic hoses I need to connect but not sure how. If anyone could look at the photos and give me any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 1,158
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_3853.jpg
    IMG_3853.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
   / Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines #2  
T the 2 boom cylinders then you'll have 2 H lines and hook them to the valve body and see what happens.

/ Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines #3  
i cant tell but it looks like the boom cyl. have vent plugs in the top ports ( to make them single acting ) if thats so . it will work , you just wont have down pressure( gravity down only ) so each valve on you 3 spool valve has 2 ports in line with the handle , you single boom cyl. line would hook to 1 port for 1 handle and the other port stays plugged.
The 2 lines from the bucket cyl.will go to the next valve( 1 line per port ) the 3rd valve remains unused ( I would take the handle off the unused valve to prevent accidentally hitting it )
Hope this helps
Scott

/ Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines #5  
Around here there are plenty of hydraulic lines on old tractors with pipe fitting all over them with no adverse
results as long as you keep moisture out of the system. Sounds like Scott has a lot better grasp of the set-up than me & I've actually used a tractor like that once but didn't pay attention to the hydraulics plumbing.

/ Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines #6  
Here a good picture on how things should run.

Attachments

• simple-hydraulic-system-loader.jpg
    simple-hydraulic-system-loader.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 971
   / Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines #7  
Around here there are plenty of hydraulic lines on old tractors with pipe fitting all over them with no adverse
results as long as you keep moisture out of the system. Sounds like Scott has a lot better grasp of the set-up than me & I've actually used a tractor like that once but didn't pay attention to the hydraulics plumbing.

Plumbing fittings are rated for 200psi max. Tractor hydraulics run at 2,000-3,000psi. Over ten times as much. They may work, but they are also very likely to blow up like a grenade or shoot a knife of hydraulic oil under your skin when they fail.

/ Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines
I will try what Scott suggested when I get the chance and will let you all know how it goes. At the parts store I was told these fittings were all the proper PSI rating for what I was hooking up. Thank you all.

/ Help Hooking up Loader Hydraulic Lines
No luck. The bucket works great but the cylinders aren't working correctly. The left cylinder will open and close a little but other cylinder won't do anything. Don't understand why as they are connected at T and lines seem identical. Any suggestions?