Help finding air filter

/ Help finding air filter #1  

mrfixitpaul

Tractor
cub cadet 7235
I have a 7235 tractor and am looking to replace the air filter. The one on the tractor not the original size, as the previous owner upgraded it to keep the hose to engine from collapsing when working hard. The one I need is 10.25" long, 5.75" OD at closed end, 4.25" OD at outlet end, 2.2" ID at outlet end, .63" hole for retaining bolt. It has fins. Looks just like the original size, only larger dimensions. I have searched several filter manufacturers by size but no luck yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Help finding air filter #2  
Look in a Fram heavy truck/tractor catalog by using the dimensions. Find out the part number and then cross reference that number to other makers and get their numbers. Then crisscross everything as a double check and you're good to go. I did it lots of times. Fram has numbers for everything but you have to work for it.

/ Help finding air filter #4  
Tractor Seabee - - +2

/ Help finding air filter
It's an hour each way to the nearest parts store, so I spent the time and looked through the entire fram air filter list and found one close, but not quite close enough. Then I found another post here about a filter on the 7260, and researched that, dimensions match what I have. I crossed the Donaldson # P535362 to Wix and have one on it's way for under $30.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/cub-cadet-tractors/342093-cadet-7260-air-filter-replacement.html

I guess the original setup was changed to the 26hp setup, still crazy $$ for OEM air filter.

Thanks for the help.

/ Help finding air filter #6  
When you research air filters like you did and then check which models they fit, you can find surprising bits of information. One of my Kubotas uses the same air filters as a Deere that I have yet the prices are surprisingly different. They are exactly the same filters.

/ Help finding air filter
There certainly are a lot of different air filters. Some seem so similar to each other, one must wonder why there need to be so many.

/ Help finding air filter #9  
There certainly are a lot of different air filters. Some seem so similar to each other, one must wonder why there need to be so many.

For proprietary reasons. If it's an odd filter not many are likely to make it and compete with price for the market. Odd, proprietary filters are those $65 to $100 filters we hear about. When buying a tractor, buy a common one with lots made and standardized filters and such. Life is so much easier.

/ Help finding air filter #10  
Baldwin #PA3664FN