Hello, new here

/ Hello, new here #1  
Tractor
Kubota BX 2360 John Deere 125 automatic
Hello, I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Mark, live close to Dover Delaware (yes land of tax free shopping) and just bought my first Kubota tractor. It's a BX 2360 has a 60" mid mount mower, 48" front end loader, and a Woods RB60 back blade. I do odd jobs with it for friends and neighbors, along with what I do. It does a great job on grass and whips out our church lawn in about an hour. I really love the self leveling feature on the deck. The only thing I dislike is the noise (kind of like a whineing sound) that comes from the rear section. I've checked the fluids and they are fine. I've read that strange noises are common, so I'll just have to learn to live with it. Anyway, Hello everyone.

/ Hello, new here #2  
Welcome.

MY Kubota makes similar noise, I would not worry about it. The gearing in the PTO is with spur gears, unlike modern cars. Modern cars gearing have either helical or double helical and such. The reason is the straight gear engages all in the same time and that leads to whining.

Here is some support info

Also Citroen emblem is based on gears, they were first to build double chevron gears and the double arrow emblem prevailed till these days.

Older cars used to have spur gears for the reverse, maybe you remember how reversing the car made a different sound than 1st gear forward?

/ Hello, new here #3  
Welcome to the TBN forum. As Prokop says, this is common to these tractors. My BX2660 is noisier than my BX2200 was.

The 2360 is a really nice little tractor that will give many years of service. My son in law has my old 2200 and it runs and works as well as the day it was delivered in 03.

/ Hello, new here #4  
Since you are a new owner, a couple of additional things to be aware of.

1. These little tractors want to be run at high rpm. While I rarely run mine wide-open, you definitely want the engine revved up there... say 2/3 or more. Running it at low rpm puts lots of stress on the hydraulics and they will tell you about it by whining even more.
2. Similarly, use low range for any hard pulling. You can mow in high, but any serious loader work or pulling a blade should be low range activity. You'll definitely notice more whine if you pull in high range, and it will heat up the hydraulic fluid more also.

Welcome to TBN!

/ Hello, new here
Thanks for the answers everyone. I do remember the older cars and reverse sounding different. **** I remember having to back up big hills because the gas was gravity fed. No I'm not that old (Old enough) but my uncle had such a car when I was small. it was old then, but my uncle wouldn't part with anything till it wore completely out. Then he would rebuild it. :laughing:

/ Hello, new here #6  
Thanks for the answers everyone. I do remember the older cars and reverse sounding different. **** I remember having to back up big hills because the gas was gravity fed. No I'm not that old (Old enough) but my uncle had such a car when I was small. it was old then, but my uncle wouldn't part with anything till it wore completely out. Then he would rebuild it. :laughing:

My dad's first car was original Kublewagen - vintage 1943 - and all gears were making this typical noise. I remember that car everytime I backup:D

/ Hello, new here #7  
:welcome: Hello Mark, glad to have you aboard. Ken Sweet

/ Hello, new here #8  
:welcome: Hi Mark, congrats on your new BX! That little whine lets you know it's working. :)

My dad's first car was original Kublewagen - vintage 1943
awesome :thumbsup:

/ Hello, new here #9  
As others have stated, the whine is normal. If not already wearing hearing protection, I would recommend some Peltor WorkTunes. I never operate my tractor without wearing them. I listen to music while I work but I can still hear the engine/transmission just enough in case something goes wrong.

Attachments

• peltor.jpg
    peltor.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 91
   / Hello, new here #10  
Welcome. My first Kubota was a BX2200 FEL MMM. It was a workhorse and caused me to buy 10 more over the years. The whine is, I believe the HST. Part of it and worse in the BX2660 than any of the other BX's I've had.