Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #41  
Jeff
Do you have the equipment to install a pressure gauge in your system in the pressure port of the loader valve? Be curious to what the pressure is while operating the loader vs the 3 point while engine is at idle or around 1,000 RPM for reference number. If won’t build pressure on 3 point then need to determine where the oil is going. If out T port of loader valve that would point towards a problem in that valve like K5 suspects. If not out T port of loader valve then would point towards something in the 3 point system.

When I welded on my bucket I just used Rust Oleam rattle can black paint. I was not worried about looks as much as slowing down rust.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner.
I zoomed in on that power beyond sleeve and noticed it looks to have a Teflon oring backer. Mine does not. If I can't find one I'll make one on the lathe. Would be nice if it was just that backer missing.

Yes I have a hydraulic flow meter and pressure Guage set at work. I may bring them home this evening for testing.

I painted the bucket on my Satoh Beaver with a roller and Corrostop paint. Took forever to dry but it is tuff stuff.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #44  
It might be worth a try just loop these two ports together and take the loader valve entirely out of the system for testing purposes of the 3 pt hitch. As far as we know, the 3 pt piston seals could be damaged and it will only lift with more flow by increasing the engine RPM.

1712594757054.jpeg

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #45  
I like PTSG idea of eliminating the valve. Could possibly take hoses off valve and connect together if don't have jumper hose.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #46  
I zoomed in on that power beyond sleeve and noticed it looks to have a Teflon oring backer. Mine does not. If I can't find one I'll make one on the lathe. Would be nice if it was just that backer missing.
That was just a generic picture not the one for your valve. Backup ring is not necessary on all sleeves.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #47  
The tractor puffs alot of white smoke when I start it and idles ruff for about 5 to 10 seconds like maybe one glow plug isn't working. I'm going to drain what's left in the fuel tank tomorrow and clean the fuel filter. It is showing empty on the fuel gauge. Maybe moisture in the fuel as well.

The smoke clears up and then it doesn't smoke when started warm.
I am chasing a similar starting issue on mine except mine blows black smoke when starting. I have a post going but have not had time for past week or so to work on it more. Going to pull glow plugs again and confirm they all glow cherry red in similar heat up time.

Lets see who solves this problem first .

2400h update.

Engine smoking at start.

I drained the tank and added fresh diesel. Added Hotshots Diesel Extreme. Now it smokes at full rev and seems to Rev higher than it did before. The bottle called for 250 ml per 80 litres. I may have over dosed it a little.

3PH not raising at idle.

I bypassed my loader valve to rule it out.

1000013890.jpg

Problem remains. I now suspect the 3ph positioning valve again. I need to get a procedure for adjusting the freeplay on the positioning valve.

All and all a good evening in the garage.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #49  
Jeff
The service manual I have only explains adjusting feed back arm. At full height should have aprox 1/2” free play at ends of top lift arms not implement attaching arms. Nothing else on adjustments that I saw but manual is kind of sparse on information in several areas.

Interesting on RPM change and smoking after adding injector cleaner.

Something I did was replace the cotter pin the previous owner put in the trottle lever instead of the Roll pin the parts manual shows. The throttle lever had a little play before I installed the roll pin. I'm going to bleed the fuel filter before starting it again.

I've looked through two manuals so far and haven't found where it talks about adjusting the positioning valve freeplay. I'll keep looking. I know I saw it somewhere.