Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #31  
I have four lines to that round block. One from the pump to side. Then out face to the loader valve, from “C” on loader back to other port on face of the block, out side of block feeds steel tube back to 3 point.

If needed I can take a picture but I don’t gave computer skills or knowledge on how to mark them up to ID the lines.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #32  
You overlook the coast? Beautiful land!

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner.
I believe this is the loader valve diagram. Flow from pump passes through to C port when the loader valve is in the neutral position or in float position. Flow to C is blocked in all other positions. T port is the return to tank port.

loader valve.PNG

I cracked the hose fitting for port C and confirmed in neutral and float positions oil flows from port C. When operating the loader controls oil flows from port T. Working as it should.
20240407_105949.jpg

20240407_121056.jpg

Connected as it is now my loader functions at idle and my 3ph begins to move at around 1600RPM. At idle it does not move. If I reverse my C and T lines the 3ph only raises when I lower my loader arms which makes sense as the T port is the return to tank port but it does this at idle speeds. I think I have a flow problem through my loader valve through the C port circuit.

For some reason my manual says to connect the C-Line to tank drain and the T-Line to the 3PH position valve.

20240407_123552.jpg

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #34  
The manual is wrong.

C is power beyond or pressure carry over and should connect back to that round block. T must go directly back to tank or you risk damage to the loader valve since on most loader valves T port is only rated for low pressure like 400 PSI or less. C is good for full system pressure.

I wonder if my loader valve has a faulty C circuit. The hydraulic pump has enough flow at idle to move the loader well. When I had the C and T lines reversed the flow coming from the loader cylinder when dropping was enough to raise the 3ph at idle.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #36  
I wonder if my loader valve has a faulty C circuit. The hydraulic pump has enough flow at idle to move the loader well. When I had the C and T lines reversed the flow coming from the loader cylinder when dropping was enough to raise the 3ph at idle.
I would pull the power beyond sleeve and look for the o-ring at the bottom of the sleeve. Wondering if it is damage or missing. Without that sleeve, the C port is just another tank port.
It will look something like this.

Chief G Series 30 GPM Directional Control Valve, Power Beyond Plug, SAE

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #37  
I would pull the power beyond sleeve and look for the o-ring at the bottom of the sleeve. Wondering if it is damage or missing. Without that sleeve, the C port is just another tank port.
It will look something like this.

Chief G Series 30 GPM Directional Control Valve, Power Beyond Plug, SAE
I second this. This would be my suggestion too. It's one of those simple things that can fail and cause all kinds of weird behavior.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #38  
Jeff
I admire your tenacity in trying to resolve this problem. Hopefully captain hack didn’t modify that power beyond sleeve.

I changed out the oring on the sleeve. It didn’t look bad but I changed it anyway since I had it out. I still need to have the rpm up to about 1500 for the 3ph to move.

I decided to put everything back together and drive it around a bit to test out my neutral return spring and the HST drive. Tractor works great. Brakes are awesome and parking brake works.

The tractor puffs alot of white smoke when I start it and idles ruff for about 5 to 10 seconds like maybe one glow plug isn't working. I'm going to drain what's left in the fuel tank tomorrow and clean the fuel filter. It is showing empty on the fuel gauge. Maybe moisture in the fuel as well.

The smoke clears up and then it doesn't smoke when started warm.

Got it cleaned up a bit.

What do you guys paint your buckets with?

20240407_192720.jpg

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #40  
Looking good. I suspect damage has been done to your valve. The tank port can’t handle the system pressure when lifting something heavy with the 3pt. That is why the valve has a power beyond sleeve. It should feed any down stream valves.

I think the valve has cracked internally creating this odd behavior.