Hearing protectors

/ Hearing protectors #22  
Bird,
We had an employee with hearing aids in both ears who wanted to just shut them off. We called OSHA to see what our obligation was as far as hearing conservation and were told that we had to protect what little hearing she had left. She was good natured about it and actually got a kick out of wearing ear muffs.

I would encourage you to use hearing protection of some type. The sound pressure (dB) exerted on your inner ear is the same even with hearing loss and could lead to even more loss.

8-72214-signature.jpg

/ Hearing protectors #23  
Is there an online store that sells the Remingtons?

animation1.gif

/ Hearing protectors #24  
When I bought my Stihl chainsaw, I bought the Stihl helmet and muff combo, and I also bought a regular Stihl hearing muff for my helper. I use the regular muff when I'm going to be on the tractor for a while (or when I remember), and I've found an added benefit of keeping the bugs out of my ears when I mow my weeds.
Joe W.

/ Hearing protectors #25  
That's what I've thought, Pitbull. I think I probably better buy some ear protectors; now if I can just figure out which ones would be the coolest . . ..

BirdSig.jpg

/ Hearing protectors #26  
Why, the coolest are the ones with the can holders and drinking tubes mounted to a hardhat of course /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Or are you referring to the temperature in Texas? Mine are very comfortable. They don't make me sweat at all. The only problem I've had with the over the top of the head type are that if you wear a ball cap under them, they push down on the center button of the cap. That hurts your head after a while/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ Hearing protectors #27  
I normally use the Peltor ear muff style that has a FM radio in it. They have good enough sound quality that I can listen to Mozart while I mow!

After my dad lost about half of his hearing when I was a kid, I become a firm believer in hearing protection. The best kind of protection is from the type that is comfortable enough for you to use without second thought. Try different kinds and buy what works the best for you.

A side benefit of hearing protection is when using it, you get to pretend that you can't hear your wife yelling at you.

"Sorry dear, couldn't hear you!"

18-82877-avatar.jpg

/ Hearing protectors #28  
The way they work is that they are just a muff hearing protector with a microphone on the outside and a battery powered amplifier and speakers on the inside. Early models had circuitry which in essence shut off the mike if it's output rose above a predetermined level, and thus went "quiet" for a brief time. The newer ones continue to transmit, but at an attenuated level.