Haying changes next year ?

/ Haying changes next year ? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Anyone upgrading, downsizing, purchasing, etc?

I have one more tractor to upgrade and one to fix.
Probably going to sell the Hesston square baler and look for a newer Massey or another Krone.

Looking at double and wheel rakes, too.

Anyone else got plans?

/ Haying changes next year ? #2  
Yeah, not do it. My theory is let someone else deal with those headaches.

/ Haying changes next year ? #3  
My equipment isn’t related to haying but I’m always on the hunt for something different. I’m wanting a D3 class dozer with HST and cab, I might sell my D5 if I get one or I might keep them both. I’ve never liked my current dump truck as much as I thought I would. I’m wanting to sell it and get a grapple truck or dumpster truck. I’m kinda wanting to sell my wheeled skid steer and get another one with a cab and tracks. I’ve always drove beater vehicles. I paid $3500 for my daily driver. I’m wanting to find a nicer SRW service truck to drive. All of those trades probably won’t happen in 1 year though.

/ Haying changes next year ?
It’s raining here and cold so I was chatting with one of the hay equipment salesman about a couple wheel rakes.
Looking at 12 wheel New Hollands.
He told me most New Holland hay attachments have increased by 40% in price in last 3 years.

/ Haying changes next year ? #5  
Friend of mine was thinking about a wheel rake after struggling along with some older double rotaries this past year. Then I pointed out that I bought some bales made with a wheel rake that tested at 13.5% ash vs 9% or lower for the rotary-raked ones, so now he is probably backing away from the idea.

could be a simple adjustment of the wheel rake

/ Haying changes next year ? #7  
Huge job change this year and significant family changes on my wifes side will happen next year...apparently I'm getting out of hay. Just bought a brand new baler, rake and grapple this year.

Last edited:
   / Haying changes next year ? #8  
IMHO many wheel rake operators have rake wheels set for ""excessive ground pressure"" to successfully gather the crop!!

Huge job change this year and significant family changes on my wifes side will happen next year...apparently I'm getting out of hay. Just bought a brand new baler, rake and grapple this year.
You mean like youre moving?