Hay Equipment for 50hp Tractor, small acreage.

/ Hay Equipment for 50hp Tractor, small acreage.
Testing it with some old straw. Started with poly 140lb orange line. Initially right side missed every knot, loop in line #2. Loosened twine disc tension and bale tension got it tying 3/4 bales. Couldn't not get it any better than this. Missed ties look like they unravelled, no knot on either line. Knots that tied seemed really loose out of the knotter and short tales after leaving bailer.

Tried adjusting twine tension, disc tension, billhook tension. The good knotter would miss one in ten or so, but I could not get the right knotter to make more than 6 knots in a row.

Switched out the poly for 7200 sisal. Really thick stuff compared to the poly. Loosened twine tension, ran it. 5 bales tied in a row. The tails are still really short, but so far the knots are holding. Will see how it goes from there.

I'm tired of raking the old straw into the baler and the straw is so shredded now from running it through so many times. I will run it some one dry, but I think the next time I run hay through it will be out in the field. I'll probably put the sisal on the left knotter as well.

/ Hay Equipment for 50hp Tractor, small acreage. #32  
Great story, I would not be surprised if I have a similar one in a yea or two! I can't talk my spouse out of it and I am looking forward to the challenge now.
hi, It's May 2022. how did things go? are you ready to put up hay again this year? any advice? thanks.

/ Hay Equipment for 50hp Tractor, small acreage. #33  
If you tie with sisal and you have a mouse issue in your barn you will be really disappointed when the mice chew through it and your bales fall apart. I never used sisal, always poly but then my 575 never missed a tie. Boy am I glad it sold. I don't ever want to see another small square again.