Hawaii Vacation Ideas

/ Hawaii Vacation Ideas #11  
Visiting the Arizona in Pearl Harbor is #1 on the list of many visitors so I had to do it myself. Years ago it would not have bothered me as much but I have become more sentimental over the years. It was very difficult for me to stand there knowing there were over 1000 young men lying dead just feet below where I was standing. With my grandson in the Marines now it made me realize even more how the parents of all those kids felt. My next trip to Hawaii will not include Pearl Harbor.

/ Hawaii Vacation Ideas #12  
We like going to the big island, we stay at Hali I Kai. There are minimal people out there, beautiful condos, great restaurant and bar right next to the ocean. Lava Lava beach club is a short drive and awesome. You can walk along the beach/golf course all in and around the Lava rocks. The Volcano national park is huge, you can walk around and right by the steam vents. Panniolo ranch sunset dinner is nice, world famous Hawaiian BBQ. It's away from the hustle and bustle of Kona, but Kona is nice to hang out too. When you fly in you can go to Costco, get things for your vacation, then when you leave, you can fill your rental car up, and get all your take home gifts. The big island is our favorite. Maui is our second.

/ Hawaii Vacation Ideas #13  
Honolulu is pretty much Memphis TN with palm trees and a beach.

It was really disappointing.

Pearl harbor is nice and super peaceful. Visiting the USS Missouri and wandering around on it was super cool.

Diamond head state park is a nice hike and really pretty.

Rent a car for a day and do a self tour of the island. That's well worth it.

Unless pearl Harbour is a must see. I would recommend skipping Oahu and hitting the big island instead.

If you do visit Oahu and staying at a resort. Parking costs are super expensive. But you can ride the bus with unlimited swipes if you get a bus pass. I believe it's $5 or $7 a day. You can get the pads at any ABC store.

We rented a car one day and did a self tour of the island. That was super cool.

First pick is an active monastery we visited. Last 3 were pearl harbor and USS Missouri. The picture of the flag I took from inside the memorial.View attachment 865135View attachment 865136View attachment 865137View attachment 865138View attachment 865139View attachment 865140
Visited the Missouri when docked in Bremerton... enjoyed the history.

Something for everyone in the Islands...