Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good?

/ Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good? #55  
Ours too. He swallowed a rock last month and we had to have $8K surgery to remove it.
Ouch!!!! I hope that he learned his lesson. What kind of dog is he?

/ Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good? #56  
He's a Schipperke. We have 4 of them, mom and 3 pups from 3 litters. Dad passed this past Spring so we had 5 at one point. Awesome dogs. He is only 4, and the 2 options were surgery or put him down. So Christmas will have fewer presents this year, but we have a happy go lucky pup to enjoy for hopefully many more years. And he is getting a mesh muzzle for Christmas so nothing except water can go in his mouth while outside!
Hunter.jpeg

/ Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good? #57  
He's a Schipperke. We have 4 of them, mom and 3 pups from 3 litters. Dad passed this past Spring so we had 5 at one point. Awesome dogs. He is only 4, and the 2 options were surgery or put him down. So Christmas will have fewer presents this year, but we have a happy go lucky pup to enjoy for hopefully many more years. And he is getting a mesh muzzle for Christmas so nothing except water can go in his mouth while outside! View attachment 775694
I had to look the breed up. AKC says of them;
Curious, lively, and intense but mischievous

And you have four of them? Your life must be exciting. :D

/ Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good? #58  
We have one of those for our black mouth cur, he inhales his food. We call it the "slow bowl".

My daughter will do something similar with her horses, she places a full plastic water bottle in their grain bucket.

/ Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good? #59  
If for whatever reason you have a dog that eats too fast for it's own good, see attached.

My wife found it, and it has been amazing with one puppy we found on our property.

We've had this issue from time to time with other dogs in our lives, but this is actually a pretty simply solution to slower their eating habits. They have no choice LOL

Funny thing, do a web search for dog bowls for dogs who eat to fast, and you'll find likewise products. Just so happens my wife stumbled across it at a pet store.
View attachment 775189
I've got one of those for my golden retriever it does help

/ Have a dog that eats to fast for it's own good? #60  
I have read that dogs that eat fast are at risk for getting a twisted stomach that can kill them in just a few minutes. Having dogs for over 50 years we have had one die from that (Great Dane) in a matter of minutes. Not enough time to get him to vet 4 miles down the road. Seems it effects large dogs more that small dogs.