Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder?

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder states on the label 2,000,000 Scoville units.
I've been using a habanero powder of about 300,000 Scoville units.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #2  
Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder states on the label 2,000,000 Scoville units.
Never tried it Only a perpetrator getting hit with pepper spray sure has. It's the main ingredient.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #3  
'Scoville' must have had an armor plated butt hole is all I can say... :p

I use Melinda's XXX myself. Least it has some flavor before the fire comes.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #4  
I lived in texas for 2 years ( that was enough for me) and went to several chili cookoffs. Man, they like their chili so hot i couldnt stand it. I like flavorful chili dishes, not down 3 sodas and suck on ice cube chilis. To me they ruined something they took 3 days preparing. But thats just me.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #6  
Habanero is plenty hot. Of course I use New Mexico chile powder (red). More flavorful: hot but not so hot that you can’t taste the flavor. I tried ghost pepper sauce one time. It’s about up there with the reaper pepper. It was intensely hot, but had no afterburn or other after effects. Green chile is most popular in my state; every restaurant offers it, even the fast food places. McDs has a green chile cheeseburger. Chile comes in heat levels ranging from mild to extra hot, but nothing like the reaper or ghost peppers.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #7  
Habanero is plenty hot. Of course I use New Mexico chile powder (red). More flavorful: hot but not so hot that you can’t taste the flavor. I tried ghost pepper sauce one time. It’s about up there with the reaper pepper. It was intensely hot, but had no afterburn or other after effects. Green chile is most popular in my state; every restaurant offers it, even the fast food places. McDs has a green chile cheeseburger. Chile comes in heat levels ranging from mild to extra hot, but nothing like the reaper or ghost peppers.
Thai hot 2X is where I like it. I like to have my head sweat like crazy, yet hate the other heat of a hot mouth opening around the lips and on the tongue. Head hot is the best.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #8  
I have some thai chili flakes that I made from some that I grew. Hot enough that an almost invisible amount on a slice of pizza is more than enough. These are in the 20,000 scoville range. More than enough for me!

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #9  
Your body builds up a resistance to capsaicin (the hot part). What may seem hot or ruined to some people is just comfortably warm to others.

There is a difference between Chili Powder and Powdered Chilies. Chili Powder is a mix of dried chilies, cumin, garlic and other spices. Powdered or Ground Chilies are purely that. The hotter the Chilies used, the more heat. I usually have 3 in the cupboard. A hot red that is ground Chilies. A medium green, also ground Chilies. (Better for pork and some chicken dishes) And a true Chili Powder that is medium heat but adds better flavor. When I am making it for myself, I add extra heat.

As for New Mexico, love me some Hatch peppers. I am not racist toward my Chilies. Red or Green, I love them all....oddly though, bell peppers do not agree with me. They smell and taste fine, but reverb for days.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #10  
Your body builds up a resistance to capsaicin (the hot part). What may seem hot or ruined to some people is just comfortably warm to others.

There is a difference between Chili Powder and Powdered Chilies. Chili Powder is a mix of dried chilies, cumin, garlic and other spices. Powdered or Ground Chilies are purely that. The hotter the Chilies used, the more heat. I usually have 3 in the cupboard. A hot red that is ground Chilies. A medium green, also ground Chilies. (Better for pork and some chicken dishes) And a true Chili Powder that is medium heat but adds better flavor. When I am making it for myself, I add extra heat.

As for New Mexico, love me some Hatch peppers. I am not racist toward my Chilies. Red or Green, I love them all....oddly though, bell peppers do not agree with me. They smell and taste fine, but reverb for days.
I agree. Red and green are both good but different: the green are usually served roasted, peeled and chopped either plain or in a sauce. Red is powdered and used to make red chile sauce. My favorite way to order is Christmas (both red and green).