Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder?

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder?
Your body builds up a resistance to capsaicin (the hot part). What may seem hot or ruined to some people is just comfortably warm to others.
Even though I grew up in Vermont I was introduced to hot peppers at a young age, about first grade. They didn;t stock much for hot peppers in the local grocery in Underhill. By the time I got in the Army in 1973 I was frequently eating half a jar of hot cherry peppers as a snack.
So I've certainly built up a resistance. One of my sons keeps on bringing home the "One chip challenge" which is spicy to me.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #12  
Even though I grew up in Vermont I was introduced to hot peppers at a young age, about first grade. They didn;t stock much for hot peppers in the local grocery in Underhill. By the time I got in the Army in 1973 I was frequently eating half a jar of hot cherry peppers as a snack.
So I've certainly built up a resistance. One of my sons keeps on bringing home the "One chip challenge" which is spicy to me.
I can down the Kettle Jalapeno Chips like they were nothing. Others around me are one or two chips and done.

I love heat, I don't like burn.

Sounds like you and I are in the middle range of 50K and 100K for the great heat.

Now for those who want flavor, here's my hot (really heat) and tasty mustard recipe. It's not a hot sauce, but those who tried it said its yummy and too hot for them. I just think its tangy.

5 Minute Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce

In a blender . . .

Place in these wet ingredients first:
3-eggs, farm fresh
2-tbs Apple cider vinegar
1/4-cup mustard
1/4-cup honey

Now add the dry spices:

I used a regular spoon (rs) for measurement.

1 rs cayenne pepper ground powder
1/2 rs fresh black pepper
3 rs Smoke and roasted hot Spanish paprika ground powder
3 rs turmeric ground powder
1 rs Chipotle ground powder
1-1/2 rs yellow mustard seed ground powder
1/2 rs sea salt

NOTE, I did have curry powered in here, but its to over powering and the flavors get masked.

Now turn on the blender running it from low to high. Mine is a vitamix with variable speed dial that ramps up. This should take about 10 seconds.

Most blenders have a cap top to pour other liquid ingredients into the container while it runs. We are going to do just that.

Pour in a drizzle 1/2-cup sunflower oil (or olive oil) and then 1/2-cup avocado oil. This is why it takes a whooping 5 whole mins to make this. LOL

Now, when done, pour and then spatula into a nice glass mason jar. Place in the fridge. Lick the spatula and the container. It's that good!

This spicy and tangy sauce works great on grilled/seared chicken and on pork.

I took 3 recipes and combined into one. WOW. The first was the Vitamix Mayonnaise recipe
The next was a regular honey mustard and the last was a spicy mustard.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #13  
Being from Carolina, I made it my business to look up this pepper. There's some information on the competition for producing the hottest pepper under the "Pungency" section at the following link.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #14  
As I sit here snacking on my Habanero BBQ Almonds.
I like the hot chilies; however, there is a degree where the Scoville unit is irrelevant. Flavor seems to drop off as the pepper gets "hotter".

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #15  
Being from Carolina, I made it my business to look up this pepper. There's some information on the competition for producing the hottest pepper under the "Pungency" section at the following link.
So it’s a habanero and ghost pepper cross. Developed by the puckerbutt pepper company.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #16  
So it’s a habanero and ghost pepper cross. Developed by the puckerbutt pepper company.
If I was on the other site, I'd give you the HAHA like icon.

puckerbutt eh? Too funny.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #17  
The name of the company describes the reason I now eat pepper with restraint.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #18  
One of my in-laws must have been addicted to Texas Pete Hot Sauce. He'd come in the door to family gatherings with a bottle in his hand. He was also a severe alcoholic and I can't help think he might have traded one type of sauce for another for long enough to to get through the gathering sober.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #19  
I had a friend that always made some of the best chili I've ever tasted. Then one year he got hold of a batch of those damn Carolina Reapers. He wanted me to try one. NO - no thanks. I touched my finger tip to the cut chili and then to my tongue. It raised a sore on my tongue and burned the tip of my finger. I've - now - had all the experience I want/need with those peppers.

I think I read - somewhere - a variant of the Carolina Reaper has been developed. It's supposedly even hotter. Just what this world needs.

/ Has anyone tried Carolina Reaper Chili Pepper Powder? #20  
I had a friend that always made some of the best chili I've ever tasted. Then one year he got hold of a batch of those damn Carolina Reapers. He wanted me to try one. NO - no thanks. I touched my finger tip to the cut chili and then to my tongue. It raised a sore on my tongue and burned the tip of my finger. I've - now - had all the experience I want/need with those peppers.

I think I read - somewhere - a variant of the Carolina Reaper has been developed. It's supposedly even hotter. Just what this world needs.
Might be good for bear spray.