Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,351  
Just my luck I'd get distracted and winch the tractor all the way and put the forks into my tailgate. :oops:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,353  
Just my luck I'd get distracted and winch the tractor all the way and put the forks into my tailgate. :oops:
Lol, I was expecting my bubblegum welds holding the receiver tube to the front of the trailer or maybe even the front of the trailer go. No way I'd take my eyes off things.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,354  
Amazon.com: ORCISH Bumper Hitch Receiver Winch Mount Mounting Plate - 15000 Lb Capacity …: Home Improvement the carry arms/handles failed because of some bad rigging. It wasn't rated for 12k, only 9k if I recall, so wasn't to surprising. The mounting plate was very thin & light for the purpose. I like the adjustable handles on the Amazon one, makes for a more compact unit.

Photos of when the winch finally stalled out. Pulled fine on the grass/sand & the start of the trailer. But better traction & the tilted deck let the brakes beat the winch.

I think there are wireless remotes for em, but I only have the stock wired one. I have a wireless for the power tilting deck. It's super nice for loading & unloading the tractor. Key fob just hangs in the cab.View attachment 695156View attachment 695158

Why wouldn’t you just drive the tractor on the trailer? I’ve hauled a fair bit on a rollback and I always drive running equipment and pull dead loads.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,355  
Modern pickup truck tailgates are pretty chintzy today.

Like any pickup tailgate ever would survive getting hit with forks.
IMG_9867.JPG

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,356  
Photos of when the winch finally stalled out. Pulled fine on the grass/sand & the start of the trailer. But better traction & the tilted deck let the brakes beat the winch.

Why wouldn’t you just drive the tractor on the trailer? I’ve hauled a fair bit on a rollback and I always drive running equipment and pull dead loads.
UH as he said in the earlier post- to test the welds on the freshly installed receiver hitch.

Already moved a couple cars after winching them on my tilt 20 foot trailer- and so far the 12k winch did fine. Also the HF receiver mount already distorted enough that to get the cradle out of the receiver i built, had to use the winch pulling against the trailer to remove it. HF definitely made it of to thin material.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,357  
Anyone have any thoughts on the Air Punch/Flange Tool or any other brand that's good but in a similar price range?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,359  
Anyone have any thoughts on the Air Punch/Flange Tool or any other brand that's good but in a similar price range?

I have that punch, it works fine. That's a pretty good price as well, I think it was around $50 when I got mine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,360  
highly recommend watching this Youtube channel
Most tests have several HF tools in them, so you can compare Bauer and other HF against the rest of the market.
Sometimes HF does ok, mid pack, and sometime they really fail, as you would expect from buying at the
bottom of the price range.

To me it's all about value. If I pay more I want to get more. But take a look at the recent step drill test and see how one brand just blew everyone
else away. That's the one you want for hard jobs.
I admit this guy's voice wears on me a little but his content is excellent. And he rigs up some very interesting test equipment.
For a tool guy I think this is some of the best content on the internet
Using the better cut off blade for example can sure save some hard work.