Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #11  
That does sound wrong - I dnl the manual
https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/64000-64999/64806.pdf
and read thru the entire thing; on page 16, it says
"29. Set the MIG Flux / Spool Gun Switch
to MIG Flux Gun.
30. Point the Gun away from all objects.
Press and hold the Trigger until the wire feeds
through the end of the Gun two inches."

That's the ONLY place they say ANYTHING about this;

From your description on how much wire comes out, it sounds like there's a TIMER somewhere they forgot to mention; if so, they ALSO forgot to mention how to DISABLE said "secret" timer... (as mentioned by TMGT while I was writing this :=)

Other than that, I got nuttin' - both of my Miller migs feed til you stop pulling the trigger. There IS a "stitch" timer on the MM252, but I've never used it... Steve

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #12  
Sounds like a spot weld timer.

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #13  
Did you check the roller tension inside like Mark suggested? Mine wasn't feeding past an inch or two (I just have the Easy-Flux 125) and I tightened up the roller inside and that fixed it. Give that a look.

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #14  
   / Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #15  
I didn't see anything in the manual about a spot weld timer or setting, so I'm going with the smart sense board to keep from feeding wire without an arc. Came back from break at work one time and a mig gun had shifted and spooled out most of a 30 pound roll of ER70s and iced up a flowmeter. That can be a good feature so that wouldn't happen if you went scrounging for a few minutes during a welding project, but it could be aggravating when feeding in a new roll of wire. Every wire feed machine should have a switch for wire feed and one for purge.

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #16  
Rroy, any update on this? Have you tried calling the HF tech support folks? If they don't already know the answer, they should be able to chase it down for you.

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #17  
Just to give feedback since I finally used my Unlimited 200 welder for the first time in months yesterday... mine does the same thing, it kept going after I let the trigger go until I moved the gun out of the way then it stopped immediately... I don't think my 175 does that, maybe I'll pull it out on Sunday...

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #18  
Do these have a 4t setting, or a trigger lock setting?

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #19  
Good call Mark, there is a 2T/4T switch, and mine was on 4T and according to the manual that is the purpose of that switch...

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #20  
You probably know this but 2T - pull the trigger and the wire feeds and arc starts.. 4T - Pull the trigger and the gas flows, Release the trigger and the wire feeds and the arc starts. pull it again and the arc stops. Also called trigger lock.