Harbor Freight Compression Tester Quick Connect

/ Harbor Freight Compression Tester Quick Connect #1  

Ster1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this one...

Does anyone know what type / size of quick disconnect Harbor Freight uses on their compression testers? Like on this one:

/ Harbor Freight Compression Tester Quick Connect #2  
if i remember correctly its the same as the standard air hose disconnect

/ Harbor Freight Compression Tester Quick Connect
Actually, it looks like they've changed. Their connectors are now different even than the ones I was asking about. The ones I was asking about look alot like regular air hose QDs, just smaller. The ones they have now don't look like that at all. For the record, the old one looks like a 7mm or 9mm euro - style, but I'm going give up finding out and just switch em all over to something that makes more sense. Thanks.

/ Harbor Freight Compression Tester Quick Connect #6  
Thanks for IDing the old ones.. Because im an ASE master tech and i couldnt have told you, so now i know a little bit more than before i opened this..

I have had some hassles trying to switch fittings on chinesium things because it seems like quite often once you start unscrewing things you find threads that either dont meed any standard or are far enough off from spec that it makes it a little uncertain to ID them. Some times i have drilled out whatever was left and tapped to something a little larger, or put things that ‘shouldn’t go’ together with a little excessive force and JB Weld.

I think that the precision of threads on cheap stuff is getting better all the time so hopefully you won’t have any problems.

Truth be told, I’m not seeing I’ll have the time to screw with it (pun intended). Yeah point taken on the threads. Sometimes those tapered threads aren’t NPT but BSP. 1/8 NPT and 1/8 BSP are darn near identical, just a slight difference in thread pitch, that ya probably don’t notice until after you’ve boogered it. Ask me how I know :) Then there are the threads that don’t match anything. All fun and games right.

/ Harbor Freight Compression Tester Quick Connect #8  
IF fitting work on tool as designed, I'm sure why you think you need to change them....