Happy CK35 owners?

/ Happy CK35 owners?
The Kioti website only showed the DK40 as the base DK, that I could see?

/ Happy CK35 owners? #12  
I just checked after your post and was surprised that it wasn't there. Maybe they are discontinuing the DK35. Maybe call a dealer and see if that is true. They made it in a gear and hydro. It was a nice midsize between the CKs and DK40. I saw a new one on a dealers lot a few months ago but don't know the manufacture year.

/ Happy CK35 owners? #13  
I just checked after your post and was surprised that it wasn't there. Maybe they are discontinuing the DK35. Maybe call a dealer and see if that is true. They made it in a gear and hydro. It was a nice midsize between the CKs and DK40. I saw a new one on a dealers lot a few months ago but don't know the manufacture year.

Its been discontinued for about two years now.

/ Happy CK35 owners? #14  
I have a 2011 DK35SE HST with zero problems at 620 hrs. As kiotiken says I think 2011 was the last year for that model.

The DS3510 is a more basic model and only available with a gear transmission. It also does not have a flat operator's platform like the CK's and DK's. I doubt if the DS's 2,238# 3 point lift capacity is something you would notice over the CK's 1,764#. It is hard to tell on the website but, it appears the DS's 3 point arms are not extendable.

The DS3510 and CK35 engines look the same (34hp) giving 27.6 PTO on the DS and 27 hp PTO on the CK35. Strangely, the specs for my DK35SE HST rate the engine at 38 hp and just 27 at the PTO.

I definitely wanted an HST and compared mainly the CK35 and DK35. A few things that led me to the DK over the CK:
- separate HST pedals vs rocker style (personal view, others strongly disagree)
- brakes on left side, easier for split brake operation and brake and HST coordination
- rear hydraulic outlet (used for snow blower chute rotator)
- remote PTO lift control (marginally easier to adjust height for connecting implements)
- same front axle as other DK's and heavier than CK's front axle
- separate hydraulic pump and filter for HST and equipment (marginally better for HST?)
- DK about 800# heavier than CK.
- DK 3 point has draft control in addition to depth control (I have used it but would not miss it)

The CK35 and DS3510 loaders look the same with a full travel lift of 1,155 vs the DK35 of 1,412. The DK40's full travel lift is 2,761#. Strangely, the lower DK35 loader capacity was a positive for me. I liked the 6" narrower bucket and the fact that the lower lift capacity with same front end would help prevent me from over-stressing the front end.

I work in winding, tight areas so an issue for me was physical size and turning radius. For the reasons above I went with the DK over the CK even though the CK was a bit smaller. Doing it now, I would go for the DK40 over the DK35, mainly because I like the idea of four cylinders over three. I think they run a bit smoother, but I have never needed more power in my DK35.

It appears to me that the DS, CK and DK models' price differences accurately and fairly reflect the added features of the lines. So the choice might just boil down to what features you want and can afford.

Cheers.

/ Happy CK35 owners?
Thanks for all the replies, good info. I need to do more research, for sure.