Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Hanson snow blower

/ Hanson snow blower #11  
From a personal standpoint the Hanson Blower was horribly underpowered.
An 8' blower can use 100hp to do a nice job, 24 hp on 7' is far from adequate.
Fair mfg put 48hp on their 48" bobcat mounted blowers..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have jogged my memory about the Fair Mfg.
motorised snow caster for skid steer loaders-

It was a four cylinder air cooled Duetz engine that was mounted
transversely and between the Duetz engine and the two stage snow clearer
attachment you could barely see over the bloody thing in the cab of the
skid steer loader they used for the demonstration video.

If the Hanson had a solid cross auger you could simply let your 4 wheel truck
stay in low low range and the snow caster would never plug because the feed volume
is always regulated to the impeller. The samew would apply to the Fair Mfg. skid steer unit that was made.

/ Hanson snow blower #12  
I think if I was to own this unit I would look at adding a Volkswagen or another small diesel in the pick up box and use a hydraulic pump and motor setup to run blower.. 70hp or so at a minimum , Pronovost recommends 40 to 75 hp for their puma blower line in an 84" unit.

/ Hanson snow blower #13  
I think if I was to own this unit I would look at adding a Volkswagen or another small diesel in the pick up box and use a hydraulic pump and motor setup to run blower.. 70hp or so at a minimum , Pronovost recommends 40 to 75 hp for their puma blower line in an 84" unit. I have seen one of these units and the buyer was terribly disappointed with the low power. He ended up buying a small 60 hp tractor and blower plus his plow. Plow it up then blow it away with the tractor

/ Hanson snow blower #14  
I think if I was to own this unit I would look at adding a Volkswagen or another small diesel in the pick up box and use a hydraulic pump and motor setup to run blower.. 70hp or so at a minimum , Pronovost recommends 40 to 75 hp for their puma blower line in an 84" unit. I have seen one of these units and the buyer was terribly disappointed with the low power. He ended up buying a small 60 hp tractor and blower plus his plow. Plow it up then blow it away with the tractor

Save your money;

The power required for a snow caster would require you to have an electric generator to power
at least a 75 horsepower motor and that is with 480 volt three phase power.
The generator would be heavier than the truck itself.