Half ton pickup tires

/ Half ton pickup tires #21  
Check tirerack.com for convenient ratings and lots of user reviews. Tires usually cost less that elsewhere, and at least in CA the shipping costs are less than tax and they have arrangements with installers to fix the price of mounting and balancing and you can ship to the installer.
Buy from a local tireshop, when you have an issue that warranty may cover, it will be take care of immediately.

/ Half ton pickup tires #23  
I was looking at the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 which is a fairly street oriented A/T.
I have a set of those or similar on my F150. Had them about a year. Pretty happy with them, pretty decent winter traction.

/ Half ton pickup tires #24  
Very good performance with the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT's.

They were the original tires on one of our F150's and just replaced them this fall. Got over 60k miles on them. Paid $165 ea. for them at Discount Tire.
Over 80,000 on my original set. Mostly highway with somebtowing

/ Half ton pickup tires #26  
^^^^ what he said...Michelin Defenders - GREAT tires!!!

/ Half ton pickup tires #27  
Sorry, had to check out this thread. The title makes it sound like you have some serious weight in the tires. Hehe

Like others have said, there are tradeoffs. I lost 4 mpg on my 1st Prius when the factory tires wore out at 30k miles. I put on Pirelli and handling improved drastically and they lasted twice as long. I probably would not have noticed the MPG, but modern cars tell you constantly.

Buy the tires based on how you use them. Good luck!

/ Half ton pickup tires #28  
The tires I bought for my ram are Generals APT. THEY ARE GOOD IN SNOW.

/ Half ton pickup tires #30  
What Bubba said

I had two sets on my 2000 Tundra and when my Bridgestone Duelers wear out on my 2018 Tundra it will be with Michelin LTX - got 50K usually with regular rotation